No announcement yet.

Interview with victim of Wyoming bear attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they go in to track and kill predators that took a human because they are worried it now has the taste for humans?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Do they go in to track and kill predators that took a human because they are worried it now has the taste for humans?
      Depending on the behavior of the animal they do. The wildlife agent in charge mentioned that the bear showed signs of aggressiveness that were not due to defense. Which is why they killed the sow and cub, when they normally don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Not being able to locate the pistol is the key. Find the pistol and it will tell us what happened. If it can't be found then the hunter ran off with it and threw it away some where...jmo
        They found the pistol between the body of the guide, and the site of the downed elk where the attack originally happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Depending on the behavior of the animal they do. The wildlife agent in charge mentioned that the bear showed signs of aggressiveness that were not due to defense. Which is why they killed the sow and cub, when they normally don’t.
          Ok that makes sense. I would want the bear that ate me to live a long life and be the baddest bear the forest ever saw.

Comment

I'm going with Judge Not Lest You Be Judged on this one.

Comment

Hell, i'm prepared for Grizzly when i'm walking to the stand in East Texas...... Just in Case....

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                I'm going with Judge Not Lest You Be Judged on this one.
                Yep! It ain't no joke on mountain hunts!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

From this morning to this afternoon it seems the hunters side of things, as reported by the articles, has changed a good bit. Lots of questions surrounding this one. Sad deal all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                    Smells foul to me. I have a hard time thinking a veteran guide was not loaded for bear while retrieving a downed elk in grizz country. Doesn't add up. I am usually loaded for bear, mountain lion, coyote, chupcabra, sasquatch, etc. when I go into elk country. And for there not be one documented case of a bear attack to people on horseback also brings in to question the legitimacy of the story. I realize anything can happen but it just doesn't add up. Hopefully the truth will reveal itself soon.
                    I feel the same.

I would guess the client wasnt helping quarter the elk, why not have a gun or bear spray ready? Why wouldnt the pack (with the gun) be closer to the elk and the guide? I picture most guides in this area carrying high caliber revolvers.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      I feel the same.

I would guess the client wasnt helping quarter the elk, why not have a gun or bear spray ready? Why wouldnt the pack (with the gun) be closer to the elk and the guide? I picture most guides in this area carrying high caliber revolvers.
                      The gun supposedly is a Glock. A G20 in 10mm is a pretty popular pack gun in grizzly country. Similar energy to a 357 mag, but 15+1 rounds. It makes for a formidable weapon. Not saying it’s a G20, but that would be my assumption.

Comment

This story just doesn’t sound right.

Comment

There was a thread a few months ago about bear pistols in Alaska.........

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                          I was up there 20 years ago, and I got laughed at when people saw my .357. Most people had a .44 or bigger, and used a chest holster to carry. The guy I fished with had a sawed off 12 on a sling. Looked rather goofy trying to flyfish with a shotgun, but was glad we had it when we saw a mamma and cubs.

There were only brown bears where we were, apparently they had eaten all of the black ones.

Comment

We can all play Monday morning quarterback. It boils down to both men being caught off guard. It happens. Client probably had little knowledge of how fast and bad things can turn. Guide has been there hundreds of times with no issues and dropped his guard. You drop your guard and it doesn't take long to be in life or death situation. We will never know what really happened up on that mountain. I have a hard time blaming the hunter for his actions as I really don't know what he did or didn't do. For those of you saying he was a coward for running. Guess what happens in Africa when the ***** hits the fan hunting a one of the big 5. At some point it turns to every man for himself and you know this going into it. I don't know what I would have done in this situation as I wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              How can you not know how to operate a glock?
                              I’ve hunted my entire life. Raised on a ranch and lived in the city and country both. Have guided tons of hunters (none in bear country) and don’t believe I’ve ever seen a Glock much less would I have any idea how to use it correctly. I’d bet I could say the same for most of my friends. Just never had a need for any handgun and frankly they scare the crud out of me! Now, if I was heading into bear country, I’d dang sure learn!😎

Comment

Definitely don't need a friend like him. Too bad the guide wasn't able to shoot him when he ran away like a coward. Prayers for the guides family and kids
                                Last edited by Calfroper81; 09-20-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X