• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
    Sent ya a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Saw that. Thank ya.

And appreciate all the words and advice. Ttying to take it all in between each wish for a quick death.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
      December of 17 I had to have percutaneous nephrolithotripsy. Had a golf ball size stone in my left kidney. That was fun lol.
      That sounds like more fun than the plague

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        That sounds like more fun than the plague

I tell ya what, worst pain of the whole ordeal was when the nurse didn't deflate the catheter all the way before trying to pull it out. I'm almost passed out, seriously lol

Comment

I tell ya what, worst pain of the whole ordeal was when the nurse didn't deflate the catheter all the way before trying to pull it out. I'm almost passed out, seriously lol
          I think i just passed out thinking about it

Comment

How's your stones coming along? I'm awake late after having another percutaneous nephrolithotomy this morning. It's getting old...

Comment

[QUOTE=AJMag;13621551]Makes me nervous when the doc says it doesn't always work and they end up having to go in and get it anyways. But less invasive is much more appealing than a tube going up a one way alley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
              I have had it twice. It failed to break the stone each time. Had to have surgery both times to remove the stone. If lithotripsy works it is a less invasive option for sure. Having to pay for two procedures for the same stone is tough. I will choose the 100% option first next time and just have them go in and get it. I have passed 8-10 over the years on my own. The pain is insane. My kidneys are starting to ache just thinking about your pain. Good luck.
              Just realized this thread is 2 years old. I assume you are fine by now.��
              Last edited by speck1; 01-08-2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I have had stones 2x and Lithiotripsy twice also, stents also
                Each time I had the treatment I walked out like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson taking body shots. But it got the job done.
                Currently have a non obstructing 4mm stone in my left kidney now. Doc says leave it alone, stay away from powdered drinks and soda.
                I kicked the powdered sweet tea and do brewed unsweetened now.
                So far so good.

The ONLY good thing I found with having kidney stones is.
                You get a lot of people to play with your hammer and insurance pays for it
                Good luck and hope ya feel better.

Comment

I recently passed a 7mm stone, the doctors didn’t want to do anything about it. The urologist wasn’t in so I would have to wait a few days to see him. They sent me home with a prescription of Flomax they said if I was able to pass it within 3 weeks perfect if not come back. I passed it in 4 weeks by myself, it hurt like crazy and the Flomax gave me some bad side effects. They said 6mm is about the biggest that can be passed naturally. I proved them wrong.

Comment

Yea I brought up an old thread lol, I couldn't sleep and was just wondering about the op. In my experience, stones are chronic so I was just asking if he had his in check. Iv got the stent with the 80# braided fishing line hanging out my penis right now. Burns like wildfire when I urinate which is every 30-45 minutes because of the saline solution..

Comment

Yea I brought up an old thread lol, I couldn't sleep and was just wondering about the op. In my experience, stones are chronic so I was just asking if he had his in check. Iv got the stent with the 80# braided fishing line hanging out my penis right now. Burns like wildfire when I urinate which is every 30-45 minutes because of the saline solution..
                      WAIT until they pull it out! It felt like it was attached to your eyeballs!
                      It happens fast. Hang in there. No pun intended

Comment

Did they tape the fishing line to your abdomen? They did when I had mine. Lets just say the nurse must not have been impressed with what she saw because she didnt leave near enough slack lol. I woke up the next morning to the fishing line trying to cut my unit in half straight down the middle if you know what I mean.

Comment

Lol, nah it's just dangling. My wife keeps asking if I'm hurting cause I'm moving so slow. Nope just making sure it doesn't get caught somehow. I expect it to be a violent traumatic experience when it gets pulled out.

Comment

I've had the lithotripsy, and it worked for me. I had a stone the size of a green pea, and I whizzed it out after they broke it up.

Comment

I do shockwave lithotripsy for a living so I can offer some insight. I am not a physician.

I know this is an old thread but will address the OP's situation just to be educational. If I were a cash pay patient, my decision on which procedure to have would be dependent on the stone location. If it is a couple inches down the ureter, or lower, I would have a laser done. If you can get to a stone with a laser, you can break it into passable fragments. The problem is you can not always get there. Patient anatomy can be weird sometimes, such as having an overly large prostate, and the urologist simply can not get the scope up to the stone. Lower is always easier to get to.

High ureter or kidney I would do shockwave on every stone that is sub 20mm.

With that said, I do shockwave with good success rates on stones at all locations in the ureter on a regular basis.

Stone composition varies and it is not possible to know without a urinalysis or a CT scan. The CT scan can allow the density of the stone to be measured. That can not be done with a plain Xray. Some compositions are substantially harder and shockwave will have a poor success on them.

Comment

Got the stent pulled this morning, wasn't nearly as bad as what I was expecting. However the blood clots that passed afterwards were pretty painful lol. They felt just like stones

Comment

Working...
                                X