No announcement yet.

I’m going back to Cali—Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, a plan is coming together! Going to fish 2.5 days with the guys from the fly shop in Redding. I have spent thousands of dollars online with them over the years. One day going to float the lower Sacramento River. One day walk and wade and may try to do a half day for small mouths! Should be good!

Comment

Little food pic. Clam chowder and grilled oysters. That will work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang it man, I step away for work after you land and miss it all.

Congrats on a great looking bull.

Oh and that van is no green and wood paneled family truckster but "she's a bute Clark".

Comment

Awesome Doc. Congrats. Thanks for taking us along with you.

Comment

I have my fishing plan for the next three days and got checked in to a hotel in Redding. I think it will be good. I did pass through the area of the big fire coming from eureka to Redding. It looks horrible and seeing all the burnt buildings and homes will break your heart.

Monday-full day float on lower Sacramento River
            Tuesday-walk and wade on the McCloud river
            Wednesday-half day float on Sacramento River

I did find out that liquor stores are open on Sunday in California. Weird but helpful. I have provisions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
              I have my fishing plan for the next three days and got checked in to a hotel in Redding. I think it will be good. I did pass through the area of the big fire coming from eureka to Redding. It looks horrible and seeing all the burnt buildings and homes will break your heart.

Monday-full day float on lower Sacramento River

Tuesday-walk and wade on the McCloud river

Wednesday-half day float on Sacramento River

I did find out that liquor stores are open on Sunday in California. Weird but helpful. I have provisions!!!

Need some smokes as well. Celebratory cigar after a first day bull should be in order.

Comment

Congrats Doc! Thanks for sharing and keep at it

Comment

I passed on these two!

But I did find provisions!!!!!

I managed to not bring a cigar. Maybe I’ll track one down tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats Doc! That was quick.

Comment

Heck of a trip! Good luck on the fishing! My wife told me today she wants to go back to broken bow this winter and fly fish! Excited about that. She hasn't fished in years.

Comment

Great trip Doc! Keep the pics coming

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful bull. Good luck landing some fish on the fly over the next couple of days

Comment

Congrats and good luck on the water!

Comment

Doc, you didn't waste anytime on this hunt. Now you can let the ankle rest a little bit. Congrats on the "Rosie" and I hope you catch a ton of fish.

Comment

Congratulations on the bull and good luck fishing, another amazing trip. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X