Serious rant about Saltgrass Steak House in Rockwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    No kidding, you guys must be hurting for good steak houses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It is called an opinion. I’m sure many people think your favorite steak tastes like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
      Call up anytime and make a reso or ask for me when you get here. My name is on the door!! I can send you home with plenty of bread and butter also
      I have been eating there regularly for 12 years probably. My daughter 4 or so at the time now 16 knew bartenders by name.Misty was always her favorite.. been awhile. I have tried to meet you or keep an eye out but since that name went on the door that might be more likely on a lunch visit😄. I do not blame you a bit.
      SG is good food at a decent price point. Is it your high end steak house no but I am not dropping $250 for dinner there either. They have good service, hostesses,bartenders and food. There is a reason it’s always busy.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
        It is called an opinion. I’m sure many people think your favorite steak tastes like ****.
        i doubt it, Pappas is pretty solid as are Vic & Anthony's which are my favorite.

Comment

i doubt it, Pappas is pretty solid as are Vic & Anthony's which are my favorite.
          Those are both at a different price point. Not really a fair comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
            I have been eating there regularly for 12 years probably. My daughter 4 or so at the time now 16 knew bartenders by name.Misty was always her favorite.. been awhile. I have tried to meet you or keep an eye out but since that name went on the door that might be more likely on a lunch visit😄. I do not blame you a bit.
            SG is good food at a decent price point. Is it your high end steak house no but I am not dropping $250 for dinner there either. They have good service, hostesses,bartenders and food. There is a reason it’s always busy.
            Misty was the best bartender to ever work here. I’ve worked my fare share of nights but have been here for 20 years so I usually work only one a week now. My normal night is Wednesday’s right now. I’m way easier to find at lunch though!!

Comment

Call BIN 303 just off the square and make a reservation. It is the best steak you will ever eat that you did not cook yourself!

Comment

I was a waiter and bartender at the Midpark Dallas Saltgrass location for a year and a half. Other wait staff and I would wakeboard on Ray Hubbard mid week and head over to the Rockwall location. The discount was incredible and our waiter always had a record tip shift. If I could only find a way to pick up one shift a month to become an employee again.

Peppercrusted ribeye still makes me slobber.

Comment

Well, Landry's owns Vic & Anthony's and Morton's. Neither of which, should be compared to Saltgrass. Simply a different price point, even within the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by goose48 View Post
                    Call BIN 303 just off the square and make a reservation. It is the best steak you will ever eat that you did not cook yourself!
                    Again very good but should not be compared to SG. That’s a $300 dinner for two.

Comment

Originally posted by goose48 View Post
                      Not a fair comparison by any means.
                      But I TOTALLY agree with your assessment. Been to BIN303 twice and it was a superior dining experience on both occasions that’s for sure.
                      That being said....SG is good vittles on a totally different price scale for us somewhat common folk. [emoji108]

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                        Never had a steak worth eating at a saltass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I thought it was only me!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

You are going to get roasted now!
                          Apparently SG is good for the price point.

Comment

You are going to get roasted now!
                            Apparently SG is good for the price point.

It probably is, as it is always packed in the Woodlands when we drive by. My wife will order "take-out" Salmon their all the time. And I tell her to get me a sweet potato and the bacon wrapped rustlers (something like that), but the steak is pretty basic stuff.

Comment

They have a good wedge salad for lunch... that’s about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

No sir. I have been taken ( not paying myself) several times and the steaks had more gristle than meat and just all around not a good steak. I would have really been upset if i had been shelling out my own money. I rarely eat steak that was not cooked over a fire of someone i know and trust with a piece of meat for reasons such as these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X