Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Polk and Hardin Co. Hunters thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so. I see the same 4 deer all the time. But earlier in the year I caught more deer on my camera than I do now. I have more hogs around me than I though possible. You have to watch yourself from getting run over.

Comment

North Polk County - young man on our lease, back on Nov. 9

Comment

That's a nice one!

Comment

Nice buck, congratulations to the young man that harvested it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another from North Polk County (Barnum). I shot this on 11/24 on my place. He was a heavy beast!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF848572-F91F-4A92-833B-9C00FEF8EDF1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24563219

Comment

Originally posted by captteddy View Post

That's a awesome buck, congrats to the hunter.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captteddy View Post

What a stud! We have really strong brows on all our northwest Polk county deer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                  Another from North Polk County (Barnum). I shot this on 11/24 on my place. He was a heavy beast!

[ATTACH]936620[/ATTACH]

Ol mule head

Comment

Saw a fresh scrape today when I went to pull a camera out of an oak flat. I usually don't see them this late in the season.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Too cold for worms to be up like that, you’re gonna need a shovel.

Comment

Saw a fresh scrape today when I went to pull a camera out of an oak flat. I usually don't see them this late in the season.
                          I heard 2 bucks fighting yesterday morning. Last years late fawns should be in heat about now. Still lots of fresh scrapes on our lease. It's not over yet.

Comment

Find the ones in the thick mess and stick a camera on it. Those tend to get worked until the horns fall off and sometimes even after that. I have one like that and currently have a cam on it. Used to be able to get to another one, but I’d have to crawl into it now and the tree finally got too big for them to reach the lowest limb.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                              Find the ones in the thick mess and stick a camera on it. Those tend to get worked until the horns fall off and sometimes even after that. I have one like that and currently have a cam on it. Used to be able to get to another one, but I’d have to crawl into it now and the tree finally got too big for them to reach the lowest limb.
                              Make a licking branch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

First time for me I have a nubbin buck on camera freshening a scrape and standing on his back legs to reach the licking branch. He was also pushing around a pair of yearling does like one was coming into heat when I hunted this past weekend.
                                Seems like deer movement picked up the middle of last week on my lease based on the cameras I have running. Most was night time, but a big 8 point I have been wanting started making some daytime appearances checking scrapes. I just wasn't there when it happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X