Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Wildgame Innovations game cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one of these to replace my more expensive game camera. So far I've had no major, unexpected issues with it, and the batteries seem to be going strong.

The good: It does get the job done, and gives me a good idea of what's coming to the area. I can afford to get 3-4 with the cheaper price and expand my scouting area. I wouldn't be heartbroken if one of these got stolen from public land. With all the negative opinions here as a focus group, I HIGHLY doubt anyone would even want to steal it on public land.

The Bad: The picture quality is not the greatest, and it does seem to take a few more pictures of the same thing. I would not expect crisp clear photos that are share-worthy.The programming and features available are quite basic.

Comment

I've got 3 of the WGI Cloak 8 cameras and have had them for 3 years. All take decent pics, batteries last forever, and no issues out of any of the 3. Best thing was that they were refurbished and I got them on e-way for around $20 shipped each. I have a "high quality" camera that cost me over a Benjy, and use it regularly, but these cheapy WGI's let me know what's out there and have served me right. I'd buy more for the same deal if I needed another.

Comment

i got 2 of the 4o dollar terra 12s i think i dont know both on public land . i left one all year on a spot i only hunt when its perfect. shoot man that thing had some nice bucks on it over a 14 month span. battery was dead by the time i got to it though.

Comment

Guess I’ve been lucky too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            Was it just on line or do they have them at the stores also

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            Both on-line and in-store.

I'm not afraid to admit I shop at F&S/D***'s all the time. Very close to the one in Prosper. I'm a bow hunter and a lifelong NRA member. They are only hurting themselves policy-wise, and frankly if I save a few bucks that is all I care about. So they also have other deals in there on cameras. I bought two Stealthcam 14MP, the Drop Tine. Paid a total of $72 for both with a little wheeling and dealing. Regular was $149.99 each. They had a deal where you would trade an old camera in for an additional $50 off the marked down to price of $99.99. I traded in a camera that took C or D batteries...'member those?

As far as WGI, I skipped over those because of the reviews and thought for the same $$$ I'll do OK with stealth cam. So far so good. I'll check them on Sunday and then may go get another! Be well.

Comment

What camera should we buy if WGI isn't any good? I've got about 6 WGI going on about 4-5 years. Work better than any Moultrie, Stealth, Cuddeback, or Primos I have ever bought.
              The only problem I have with WGI is it takes a picture every minute if deer are in picture. Id like to set back to 5-10 minutes sometimes. Not good when deer are at the feeder all night and you get 5-700 pics a night.
              WGI only get 60-80k pics on a set of batteries.

Comment

are junk!

I wouldn't use if given to me. I like deer pics too much

Bushnell, Moultrie or Browning

Comment

You can knock them all you want for my place 30 Acres surrounded by other open pieces of Land ... They have never let me down and don't cost a couple hundred $ .. Plus I don't get a signal on 1/2 my property .. Always a good excuse when the wife try to call ... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    are junk!

I wouldn't use if given to me. I like deer pics too much

Bushnell, Moultrie or Browning

I hate mine .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing you got 3 might get one to last the season. Walmart price on them is $20

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Good thing you got 3 might get one to last the season. Walmart price on them is $20
                        Lol, this is exactly what happened a couple years ago. My wife picked up 3 at Walmart (because it looked like a good deal). I put em out and 2 of the 3 were toast in 2 months. She took em back and got store credit! The other is still going strong and actually takes really good pictures. I didn't give her much grief, because I don't want her to pass up "good deals!" I've got Moultrie and Browning cameras that suck as bad! Just bought some stealth cams. May be adding them to the list soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          Not here. Walmart has them for $50 + tax here.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got 2 of the WGI cameras. One is about 10 years old, cost about $180 at the time and still going strong. The other is a cheaper camera I picked up at Walmart for about $60 and it's going on about 5 years with no problems.

The more expensive one, the battery lasts about 3-4 months, the cheaper one the battery lasts about 6-9 months. If either one craps the bed tomorrow, I've got my moneys worth out of them and would chance another one to replace it for the money.

Comment

I really only use my cameras to see what's in the area. I'm not trying to take good enough pics to blow up and hang on the wall. My Texas lease is only 369 acres in NE Texas. We don't really get too many monsters here, but we've managed our little spot long enough to get a few decent bucks. They should take good enough pics to see if I've got any shooters in that area. If they don't, trust me I'll let EVERYONE know. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                                Was it just on line or do they have them at the stores also

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                                I'm not really sure. We don't even have a ****'s here. I just found them online.

Comment

Working...
                                X