No announcement yet.

Jason Hairston Kuiu founder dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wanted my son to have a chance to play football, wife is against it. The more I read about this stuff, I think I'm out. We'll stick with huntin, fishin, baseball and golf.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      When do you start chemo?
      Monday the 17th

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I've always wanted my son to have a chance to play football, wife is against it. The more I read about this stuff, I think I'm out. We'll stick with huntin, fishin, baseball and golf.
        I did to Dale but after 2 broken arms ,2 broken legs the last was a compound fracture to my youngest who now lives with 2 rods and 8 screws in his right leg..He finally called it quits after his 3rd concussion in 10th grade
        Football was incredible for my Oldest (only 1 broken arm) and he played all the way up until college.My youngest lost his love for it when he cant remember certain things..Coming for an older dad I would push parents and kids more to the Baseball route its so much more enjoyable knowing that they will make it thru a game without a trip to the hospital.

Comment

football

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          My son played football thru his Soph year in High school. The day he came home and told me he was going straight baseball was a happy day for me. I'm an ex high school football and baseball coach, and I was glad when he made the decision to stop playing. He was never gonna play pro, much less college ball. It's just not worth it.

Comment

Sacramento paper’s coverage of his funeral yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As many have mentioned, no one knows what is going on in a person's mind. I have a friend who just lost his father, who suffered from CTE, long before it was realized. He was part of the Cowboys Doomsday Defense. I had a local grade mate that took his own life after a storied HS, College and NFL career. No one loved his family more than these two men, loved life and were successful.

My buddy bared it all in a personal eulogy about his father and mentioned that as a young boy, he began to resent his father leaving for long stays back in Michigan, basically missing him growing up. He remembers his father telling his mom that "he just wasn't right, something is wrong with me" on many occasions. In 2014 he was diagnosed with Dementia but he had been complaining about it for a long time. He had all the symptoms of CTE before it was ever really discovered.

In all reality, he was protecting his family from himself, at least that is the way I interpret it. I know that Shane Dronett had fits of rage and paranoia. I think he took his own life to protect his family and he had CTE, diagnosed in the autopsy.

Jason Hairston is the same scenario,,,

Comment

I drove through Dixon on I80 em route to Montana for elk earlier today. Thinking about all Kuiu gear I packed for the hunt it seemed stopping was the right thing to do. I expressed my sympathy to their folks in the store and the head of product development who I’ve met previously, and said a prayer in the parking lot.

On the front door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X