No announcement yet.

Jason Hairston Kuiu founder dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it comes back an it says this man did in fact have CTE. My kids are not playing contact spots anymore

Comment

I can’t believe people still play football or let their kids play. Praying for his family

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        I have lost too many friends to suicide. I will never bad mouth them or question their choice to take their lives. None of us know the thought process behind the deed. We have no right to second guess their choice. The choice was theirs to make. I am not saying that we cannot care for and love them while they are here. I am not saying that we can't do our best to help them through the crap that they deal with. I am saying, when the deed is done, it is not our place to second guess their decision. Do not speak ill of the deceased.
        Too true my friend. I've lost several friends myself and I never questioned the right or wrong of it. It was just the right thing for them to do at that time and they made it right in their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
          I feel like we've devolved to a point we’re no more enlightened than ancient Romans. We watch these guys destroy each other on Sunday and could really give to sh**'s about what happens to them from Monday-Saturday. Shame on us. My son played football for a year and it was awesome but he won’t play another snap as long as I can help it. I don’t care how much money or how much glory is promised, anyone of these guys would give it all back for one more day.
          X2

Comment

Jason Hairston Kuiu founder dead.

As I’m posting this, I’m looking at some of my Kuiu gear and getting it organized for an upcoming elk hunt.

There is an interview with his wife that is very telling and has he events leading up to the suicide.

His funeral is Wednesday at Our Father’s House church in Vacaville, CA. I’ve driven past it many times coming home from duck hunting the northern Sacramento Valley ‘in the rice’.

Jason’s obituary is here.

I made a contribution to the Concussion Legacy Foundation, I point that out should others be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should anybody be so inclined, here’s the link to the Concussion Legacy Foundation.

Help us change the impact of concussions and CTE through planned giving, matching gifts, fundraising & more.

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                If it comes back an it says this man did in fact have CTE. My kids are not playing contact spots anymore
                When my son was 10 two years ago and was slightly undersized he played tackle football and was getting pounded on the defensive line because that is where they put the kids that have not played a lot no matter how small you are and he just got slammed(his head took a pounding) to the ground every play bc all the offensive lineman out weighed him by 30 lbs.

Then one game he always played kickoffs and they kick off to us and our kid runs it all the way back to like the 30 yard line way down the field and there back on our own 30 yard line is this giant kid with my son bent over him grabbing both hands full of his jersey on his back bending him over basically crushing him in half while a ref stands there and watching it doing nothing. It was no longer a football play but a beat down. Both teams were on the complete other end of the field. I have coached AAU Basketball for years all the way to the varsity HS level and I was so ****** at the ref for doing nothing. I get that during a play you might get your butt kicked but that was no longer football. I did nothing and I should have reported him to the ref org for not stopping that right there, they are kids not HS players in a tussle. First off it was holding right then and there.

Anyway from that day on I was done with football. I never said anything to my son and when his friend moved away and he said he didn't want to play football anymore I was fine with that. I don't think I would let him play now in the 7th grade even if he asked at this point.
                Last edited by ranchdog; 09-11-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Jason’s funeral is this morning in Vacaville. Say a prayer for his wife, kids, family, Kuiu employees and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    Jason’s funeral is this morning in Vacaville. Say a prayer for his wife, kids, family, Kuiu employees and friends.

Done.

Comment

I have lost too many friends to suicide. I will never bad mouth them or question their choice to take their lives. None of us know the thought process behind the deed. We have no right to second guess their choice. The choice was theirs to make. I am not saying that we cannot care for and love them while they are here. I am not saying that we can't do our best to help them through the crap that they deal with. I am saying, when the deed is done, it is not our place to second guess their decision. Do not speak ill of the deceased.

Yep Matt going thru this Cancer thing that I am enduring makes me question and realize that sometimes the burden that people walk around with is more than they can comprehend and they feel that there is the only way out for them....Sad Deal that little boy has all my prayers for what he saw...

Comment

I feel like we've devolved to a point we’re no more enlightened than ancient Romans. We watch these guys destroy each other on Sunday and could really give to sh**'s about what happens to them from Monday-Saturday. Shame on us. My son played football for a year and it was awesome but he won’t play another snap as long as I can help it. I don’t care how much money or how much glory is promised, anyone of these guys would give it all back for one more day.
                        Amen brother. I get back in November. Let's get together and stab some pigs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post

Yep Matt going thru this Cancer thing that I am enduring makes me question and realize that sometimes the burden that people walk around with is more than they can comprehend and they feel that there is the only way out for them....Sad Deal that little boy has all my prayers for what he saw...
                          You, my friend, are truly loved by a ton of people. Many whom you have never even met. We all continue to pray for you. If you need anything, just ask.

Comment

You, my friend, are truly loved by a ton of people. Many whom you have never even met. We all continue to pray for you. If you need anything, just ask.
                            Thanks Matt really needed to hear that today...Yesterdays procedure were tough on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                              Thanks Matt really needed to hear that today...Yesterdays procedure were tough on me.
                              When do you start chemo?

Comment

I agree. My oldest son had a very successful high school football career. 3 year starter and each year to the state semi finals. He got a scholarship to play at Tarleton State. He had to quit, He called me one day and said "Dad, I'm done". He is so broken physically and mentally it absolutely breaks my heart for him. He has a bad back, knees, neck and shoulder. He is 22 and wakes up in pain. He also suffers from depression. This absolutely terrifies me in regards to CTE. I stay in prayer for him constantly. My youngest is a great athlete as well but as long as he is with me he will never see a football field and he would a great football player. it's not worth it. Besides that they end up looking up to the NFL and I am not a fan of the NFL. I pray Jason's family can find peace, this such a tragic story. My heart hurts for his boy. God please comfort them!

Comment

Working...
                                X