What wade belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wade belt?

I am just getting into wade fishing I’ve done it in the past but not seriously. I will be mostly wadding out of a boat or yak. I’m looking for a few suggestions on different packs pros and cons. The two I’m looking at are the foreverlast and the H20 express pack. Thanks for any info.

I have had a Wade aid belt for the last ten years and I love mine.

Comment

I've found that when wading, the minimalism approach works best. Granted I haven't been wade fishing in a while, lol take it for what it's worth. I've got an over the shoulder tackle box by Hookset Marine gear, a small belt that holds pliers, and a stringer. Stinky pants has some good gear as well. Don't skimp and get one of those cheap rope stringers either. Get a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake8504 View Post
        I've found that when wading, the minimalism approach works best. Granted I haven't been wade fishing in a while, lol take it for what it's worth. I've got an over the shoulder tackle box by Hookset Marine gear, a small belt that holds pliers, and a stringer. Stinky pants has some good gear as well. Don't skimp and get one of those cheap rope stringers either. Get a good one.
        This. Those fat belts with the tackle box holders dont work at all when you get in over waist deep.

Comment

I agree with the minimalist approach. I use the Magellan Sling Pack. It has been great. Has a place for pliers, stringer, D rings for a net, and 3 compartments (1 of which comes with 2 utility boxes). I keep my jigheads, leader material, etc... in the front pocket, hardbaits and spoons in the 2 utility boxes in the 2nd pocket, and bags of soft plastics in the 3rd pocket. I also agree to buy a decent quality stringer, one that is slick or with a coating of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            This. Those fat belts with the tackle box holders dont work at all when you get in over waist deep.
            I also don't recommend carrying a second rod unless you know you will need it.. it gets in the way. Get you a good wading rod, if you plan on doing it a lot. You're in the elements, so make sure you clean your gear good after each trip.

Comment

I like the hookset marine wade belt. I did use the wade aid style belts with the foam padding in the belt that adds buoyancy. Never again those things hurt my back.

Comment

I use an ez wade belt, mostly because I usually like taking two rods with me. I also have a small over-shoulder tackle box, but usually these days I just carry extra tackle in my pocket. Stringer and pliers on wading belt. NRS titanium wading boots.

Comment

Second the hookset. I dont like the foam one once the water gets deeper than waist high. As for a tackle box I have a spare plano that I put a length of busted ratchet strap on and use it like a sling box. The sling box I had is now in the bottom of west matty bay....(hey mexico :-) )

Get some form of coated stringer, stinky pants, fish slick or even order one from Panhandles place saltswagstore.com

Comment

I have the Foreverlast. I’m not a huge fan of it but it works for what I paid for it.

Comment

I wear a foreverlast belt and take the back tackle box off, a pair of pliers, a stringer, a net and a Chad's Tackle Tote with jig heads, some plastics and a few hard baits. I carry an extra rod most of the time. Nothing like getting 3-400 yards from the boat and something happening to your rod/reel. I wade fish 45 weeks out of the year. Lol. Im sure you can get by with less, but this is what I have found is necessary for me. Just make sure to get a net and a good stringer.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions I might just go with the over the shoulder tackle/gear bag.

What wade boots does every one like best?

Comment

Hookset. Best strongest one you'll find.

Comment

I had a Devil Ray belt, which has great back support. I hook a waterproof box to my belt or stringer, just depends on what I feel like, that holds all my lures.

Comment

I use a Hookset belt with the ForEverlast "Chad's Tackle Tote". The tackle tote goes over your head like shoulder pads, has a pouch on the front and back and straps over each shoulder. Chad is a good dude, came up with a neat little contraption. I like the tackle tote better than the single shoulder tackle boxes mostly because it doesn't slide around on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X