No announcement yet.

What wade belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip the wade belt. I use a Grind TT double wade box. There are a number of similar setups out there. I have a pair of Simms aluminum pliers in a sheath on the wade box's strap. I use a big stainless longline clip connected to the wade box via carbiner to clip my stringer to. I clip my floating wade net on the float end of my stringer.

I have been using a similar setup to this for 20+ years. It works good and I don't miss wade belts and trying to get lure boxes in and out of the belt, pliers in and out of the sheath and all that when wading belly deep to chest deep water.

Comment

No belt. Tackle box, stringer, net, and bogas.

Comment

Hookset Belt with Pliers, Boga, and Stringer - No Tackle Box - Throw some plastics in my pocket and go.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I wear a foreverlast belt and take the back tackle box off, a pair of pliers, a stringer, a net and a Chad's Tackle Tote with jig heads, some plastics and a few hard baits. I carry an extra rod most of the time. Nothing like getting 3-400 yards from the boat and something happening to your rod/reel. I wade fish 45 weeks out of the year. Lol. Im sure you can get by with less, but this is what I have found is necessary for me. Just make sure to get a net and a good stringer.
          Ditto. I have owned them all, and I am the most happy with this set up now.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Cant remember what brand I have but it make my back hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Thanks for all the suggestions I might just go with the over the shoulder tackle/gear bag.

What wade boots does every one like best?
              All my friends have gone to soft science boots and rave about how comfortable they are.

Comment

soft science wading boots are pretty awesome!

Comment

Thanks guys I know I can always count on y’all for good info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Soft Science boots didn't last 3-4 months. I have some reef boots I wear sometimes, and sometimes just an old pair of tennis shoes.

Comment

Just get you I know

Comment

Just get you an old styrofoam hat. Stick you some strawberry white Kelley Wiggler's on there couple gold spoons 1mr 52

Comment

Hookspit

Comment

I have a big belt but rarely us it. Only reason for me is to attach stuff to. Never needed the back support wading.I wade in swim trunks and usually attach my stringer to a clip on my shorts and carry a pair of pliers on a float attached as well. Couple lures stabbed into the float and that's it. If I'm gonna use like bait I'll wear a belt and tie a bait bucket and net as well. Since I already have the belt on.

I have a cheap walk n wade and it's served it's purpose. I never use the rod holder

Comment

Foreverlast for sure.... Call us and we will take care of you. 3617981530
                              Thanks,
                              Bradley

Comment

I use a tackle box that is attached to a shoulder strap from "Stinky Pants Fishing". I carry my stringer, hook remover, net and fish lippers with the shoulder strap as well. As others have said, get a good COATED stringer. You will be glad you did when it comes time to removing the fish. SaltSwag in Bay City has the best prices on stringers and they have an on-line store as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X