This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
    I was in Aggieland Saturday night and I am one that believes there is no such thing as a good loss. Clemson has an excellent team of well coached athletes and they are going to be tough to beat.
    For whatever it is worth, here are a few things that were apparent under the new coaching staff. Kyle Field was the loudest that I have heard since I started going regularly in 1974. There is no doubt that there is a different "Sheriff" in town and Fisher has already made some positive changes. (Getting rid of the "Pimp Stick" has to be one of my favorites). The players were looked leaner and quicker. Execution of plays was much sharper, especially routes by wide receivers. Tackling was improved but there were several occasions when defenders tried to knock someone off their feet without wrapping up and ball carrier kept trucking. Coaching was much more intense and non-stop. Fisher will climb on an official when he thinks that they made a bad call and there were a few questionable ones in this game. Kendrick Rogers, #13 had never impressed me but looked like an All American on Saturday.
    As I have said in previous posts, this can be a much better team than in the past and still win only 7-8 games. I am shocked that improved coaching was reflected so quickly on the field. If Jimbo keeps them improving and playing with the intensity exhibited on Saturday, things could get interesting.
    Adios,
    Gary
    Been waiting on Rogers (#13) to wake up. He's got Mike Evan physical size, but has been playing timid. I noticed it during spring game last year, D. Wilson blew him up on the sidelines and he got up and sheepishly walked back to the sidelines... He didn't seem to have any "dog" in him....Even Hubenak said after the game that last year he was scared to go in at times... I really hope this is his year (RS Soph) to realize he's a physical beast and can play with anybody, maybe Jimbo is bringing that "dog" out of him. He was chirping after that catch in the endzone, I was happy to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
      I was at the game last night. Did I expect us to win? My only hope was to not get embarrassed at home. From the beginning I saw a difference in the team. Yes, most of the team if not all were Sumlin recruits but they are the same Sumlin recruits that were running UCLA off the field and then went south. Did we have some tackling issues at times? Yes, but I didn't see the mistakes in the secondary that I have been used to seeing by a Sumlin coached team- opposing receivers running free. I am here to tell you there was some pinpoint passing and amazing receptions from the Clemson players. It would have been a different game if just one or two had on been incompletes. It would have been a different game if we would have made just one or the field goals that were missed. I didn't particularly care for the two point play that was called but to be within two points of taking the #2 in the country to overtime when anything can happed with basically the same team that laid down too many times last year was thrilling. As we say in Aggieland, we didn't lose we just ran out of time and in this instance that was true in my opinion. I am excited over the prospects of the teams Jimbo is going to give us.
      I agree with the above 100%. I am downright excited for the rest of the year.

-john

Comment

I recorded the LSU game and watched the Aggies game. That was one of the best football games we will see all year! Compared to Sumlin, Jimbo is a steal at $75M. LSU's offense has alot of work to do this week! Least I'm gonna be a Fork for the weekend! Can take it out on the slabs!

Comment

Texas is not nearly as good as we hoped, but also not nearly as bad as we think. For those already calling for a new coach, they need to pipe down and go sit in the corner. That would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to The University. While there are some true Freshmen already contributing, the majority of the class will not hit the field until next year. And that includes a couple young QBs fighting for a spot. I like Sam but he just looks like he is quickly going to hit his ceiling (I sure hope he hasn't already). I am happy with the improvement from the O-line. The receivers are solid. The D will be fine. The problem lies in the play calling and overall offensive strategy. Herman is still a young coach and will make mistakes. How he responds is still up in the air. I am willing to give him a couple more years (at least) to grow and improve. Texas has no options. A new coach, and even suggesting we need a new one, does not help one bit.

Comment

As an Aggie I am required to be anti-longhorn but BJ Foster is a good kid. I have caught a lot of hogs with his Dad and Uncle. Y'all have a good one in him.

-john

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            After watching the game again I did see some positives.

Ehlinger had a good game. His stats were solid, not explosive......solid.

The O Line Played well.

The RB's did a nice job.

The freshmen safeties are legit.

The issue again was coaching. They went into cruise control in the 3rd....it didn't work....then they opened it up again and won the 4th qtr. They lost the 3rd quarter. That cannot happen going forward.

Comment

Hey Quackadikt, thanks for the close win. I believe that helps me snag a longer list for the 22nd
              Hope BAMA can find a QB by then since two are still playing.

Comment

2018 College Football -Week 2

Sitting in a tropical wether meeting at work. Looks like a tropical storm will be making landfall along the Texas coast Fri/Sat. Week 3 games could be sloppy to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 09-10-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

2018 College Football -Week 2

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  USC 41

Texas.. 17

5-7 This year
                  It's two fairly blah teams and one is on the road. I doubt it's a blowout for either and it is a complete toss up IMHO.

All I'm hoping for right now is good news on Ingrams knee.

...and let this dude run if you’re going to use him!

USC may be #22 now but they will not finish the season ranked. Run defense is one of worst in the nation and offense has produced 1 passing TD in 8 quarters. Sam Darnold saved them last year.

There's not even a line on the game yet.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 09-10-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

LH's need to figure out how to play tough for 4 quarters per game. Gonna be a duplicate of last season if not. Still optimistic we can improve throughout the season. Ingram is the man, I sure hope his knee is not serious. Saturday night should be good. I should be getting home from alligator hunting at JD Murphee just in time to settle in.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                      LH's need to figure out how to play tough for 4 quarters per game. Gonna be a duplicate of last season if not. Still optimistic we can improve throughout the season. Ingram is the man, I sure hope his knee is not serious. Saturday night should be good. I should be getting home from alligator hunting at JD Murphee just in time to settle in.
                      They need to get some penetration from the DL and they need Davis back at corner, the late succes for Tulsa came against red shirt freshman Kobe Boyce.

... and it's time for Tom to settle for three points when they drove them **** field to get there instead of the mentality of pinning them deep if you miss out on the 4th down TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        It's two fairly blah teams and one is on the road. I doubt it's a blowout for either and it is a complete toss up IMHO.

All I'm hoping for right now is good news on Ingrams knee.

...and let this dude run if you’re going to use him!

USC may be #22 now but they will not finish the season ranked. Run defense is one of worst in the nation and offense has produced 1 passing TD in 8 quarters. Sam Darnold saved them last year.

There's not even a line on the game yet.
                        I agree with Chad about USC, they are being ranked based on their program brand. I think they should be un-ranked personally.

I'd argue A&M has shown more in 2 games than they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          They need to get some penetration from the DL and they need Davis back at corner, the late succes for Tulsa came against red shirt freshman Kobe Boyce.

... and it's time for Tom to settle for three points when they drove them **** field to get there instead of the mentality of pinning them deep if you miss out on the 4th down TD.

All of this. The DL has been down right disappointing this season. They haven’t provided any pressure.

Boyce got picked on and that hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            All of this. The DL has been down right disappointing this season. They haven’t provided any pressure.

Boyce got picked on and that hurt.
                            Yep D line play has been a joke so far. They just look small out there on the field.

Comment

I personally think the scheme on D has not been correct for the opponent. The 3-2-6 is for wide open Big 12 offenses. They need 4 down linemen for USC......and (Maryland) the jet sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                I personally think the scheme on D has not been correct for the opponent. The 3-2-6 is for wide open Big 12 offenses. They need 4 down linemen for USC......and (Maryland) the jet sweep.
                                Jet Sweep got them again on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X