This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    It’s fun to watch this kid truck players and throw the stiff arm... if you’re going to play him, let him be Sam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, liked him asking that DB he smashed just how much he enjoyed that as he got up.

Comment

I’m a fan of this stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I left the house Saturday morning and this was at like 530 posts, went to the U of H game with my dad and came home, showered and went to a friend's to watch my ags and it had hit over 1000 post.

Haven't read near close to all of them.

I'll say this. If sumlin doesn't cut ties with noel mazzone, he will be out of football. They are terrible and it's that offensive system in my opinion.

The Aggies played great, but 2 turnovers and 2 missed kicks cost us the game. I honestly think we were the better team which shocked me. If we compete against bama, and keep it within 7 points, I will expect to only lose 2-3 games on the season. Same team, new coaches, new system, and new culture makes all the difference in the world. I hope they can maintain it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mazzone was terrible last year. The predictable run up the middle every first down was frustrating as hail to watch.

Comment

I was at the game last night. Did I expect us to win? My only hope was to not get embarrassed at home. From the beginning I saw a difference in the team. Yes, most of the team if not all were Sumlin recruits but they are the same Sumlin recruits that were running UCLA off the field and then went south. Did we have some tackling issues at times? Yes, but I didn't see the mistakes in the secondary that I have been used to seeing by a Sumlin coached team- opposing receivers running free. I am here to tell you there was some pinpoint passing and amazing receptions from the Clemson players. It would have been a different game if just one or two had on been incompletes. It would have been a different game if we would have made just one or the field goals that were missed. I didn't particularly care for the two point play that was called but to be within two points of taking the #2 in the country to overtime when anything can happed with basically the same team that laid down too many times last year was thrilling. As we say in Aggieland, we didn't lose we just ran out of time and in this instance that was true in my opinion. I am excited over the prospects of the teams Jimbo is going to give us.

Comment

So, I was wondering what the heck a Golden Hurricane was, anyway, and why it would one be in Oklahoma, as well?

Turns out that Tulsa's nickname dates back to 1922, when the new football coach Howard Acher wanted a distinctive nickname. The team -- which had previously been Yellow Jackets, among other names -- seemed to roar through opponents like a tornado. Since the team's jerseys were yellow, the coach wanted them named the Golden Tornadoes. However, he found out that Georgia Tech was using the nickname Golden Tornado at the time. He wanted a weather-related name, so settled on the Golden Hurricanes.

Here's a link to the whole story:

Comment

[quote=rvd;13609908]
                Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                We will see how different after the SEC west run. I will be the first to give you props if Jimbo does well through it. No consolation props though. I have not seen much out of him since J W was toting him around. Hot Lips whupped him with a UH team.[/QUOTE

I'm just messing with you. I don't need any props for college football, haven't played or coached it in more than 25 years, just enjoy stirring up the fanboys occasionally . Geaux Tigres beat Auburn!
                It’s all fun. Besides, sometimes it’s good to get the Aggies to throw darts at Lsu and forgot about the longhorns for at least 30 seconds.

Comment

After watching the game again I did see some positives.

Ehlinger had a good game. His stats were solid, not explosive......solid.

The O Line Played well.

The RB's did a nice job.

The freshmen safeties are legit.

The issue again was coaching. They went into cruise control in the 3rd....it didn't work....then they opened it up again and won the 4th qtr. They lost the 3rd quarter. That cannot happen going forward.

Comment

USC 35 Texas 18

6-6 at best this year

Comment

USC has a true freshman QB and is not playing good ball. Maybe one of the teams steps up for the big game.

Comment

Texas 28 USC 24

8-4 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                          Scoreboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          Lucky!!! We watched from the hospital tonight.. thank god for Harry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Congrats Sun Devils
                          Last edited by 18ncs; 09-10-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

USC 41

Texas.. 17

5-7 This year

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              USC 41

Texas.. 17

5-7 This year
                              USC isn't that good this year. Texas will probably be in a close game with em... 27-20 USC

I'm sticking with my 7-5 for longhorns this year, I was counting Maryland as a loss in that 7-5 preseason. They should start playing better as season progresses.

Still sticking with 8-4 for the Ags, but 9-3 is possible if they can continue to play like Saturday night.

Kentucky (Who just beat florida and has a good RB), @ Auburn, @ Miss state, @ south carolina, then LSU at home.... 9-3 isn't a stretch after losing to bama, but until we beat LSU you can't assume that.

Comment

I was in Aggieland Saturday night and I am one that believes there is no such thing as a good loss. Clemson has an excellent team of well coached athletes and they are going to be tough to beat.
                                For whatever it is worth, here are a few things that were apparent under the new coaching staff. Kyle Field was the loudest that I have heard since I started going regularly in 1974. There is no doubt that there is a different "Sheriff" in town and Fisher has already made some positive changes. (Getting rid of the "Pimp Stick" has to be one of my favorites). The players were looked leaner and quicker. Execution of plays was much sharper, especially routes by wide receivers. Tackling was improved but there were several occasions when defenders tried to knock someone off their feet without wrapping up and ball carrier kept trucking. Coaching was much more intense and non-stop. Fisher will climb on an official when he thinks that they made a bad call and there were a few questionable ones in this game. Kendrick Rogers, #13 had never impressed me but looked like an All American on Saturday.
                                As I have said in previous posts, this can be a much better team than in the past and still win only 7-8 games. I am shocked that improved coaching was reflected so quickly on the field. If Jimbo keeps them improving and playing with the intensity exhibited on Saturday, things could get interesting.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X