No announcement yet.

Average dove shooter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot 11 doves and 1 starling with a box of shells yesterday. My buddy killed 11 with a box and a half. I just need a few practice rounds before I get serious and kill a limit with one box.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Conditions make a huge difference. Sitting in the corner of a sunflower field when they ae fluttering in like butterflies will make you feel like a great shot. Pass shooting white wings with a 25 mph tailwind will make you mutter and cuss
      No kidding, also add shooting birds setting on a tank, almost like shooting fish in a barrel. As far as how many per box for me, it just depends, if the birds are scarce I will shoot at them 50-60 yards out, average tends to drop quite a bit, if they are plentiful and I decide to pick my shots then that is another deal, several years ago I took a limit with 15 shells over a pond.

Comment

Average dove shooter.

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        That is what I deal with here on the edge of town. On top of that you have to shoot between barns, power lines, power poles and transformers, trailers my grandparents house and not shoot toward houses in town. It is frustrating when the doves are clearly in range but you can't shoot because they are toward town.

Lol... yes sir. Add in trucks, folks hunting and folk looking for their birds ... plus folks on the next property over. It’s like standing looking over at 15 lanes and you can only pull the trigger when he crosses an odd numbered lane.... but you start tracking the bird in lane one each time and the bird can jump back into any of the lanes at any time. It can be challenging for sure.

Comment

Working...
        X