No announcement yet.

Lease Work This Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dove field we are hunting is about an hour away from our lease so I will be going back and forth all weekend. Hopefully I’ll shoot a lot of birds and get some work done as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
      Finish? This is the weekend I start.
      We are mowing the lease roads one last time and Im topping all my feeders off. I have one spot in a creek bottom with no feeder that I start hand corning a month before season. I have to set up momma's bow blind and clear her shooting lanes. She decided she wants to bow hunt this year.

Comment

Yep never ending work seems like but it’s all worth it

Comment

Heading down back home saturday morning and stopping by the lease to get everything ready

Comment

Yep headed down tomorrow to check feeders and cameras. Gonna try and shoot a few dove hopefully but mainly excited to pull cards. Gonna check shooting lanes and what not. More than likely will just hang out and drink beer and shoot the breeze in the shade more than anything though haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed back to the ranch,but did all my work last weekend,so I could enjoy this weekend hunting & relaxing.

Comment

Typically this weekend would be my last before season, a time to put the finishing touches on things. But I havent been there in many months, completely unprepared and no immediate plans to get down there. Just flat out dont have the time. Been 7 days a week for many months, last full day off was Fathers Day. ( only took it off so I could see my dad )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  Typically this weekend would be my last before season, a time to put the finishing touches on things. But I havent been there in many months, completely unprepared and no immediate plans to get down there. Just flat out dont have the time. Been 7 days a week for many months, last full day off was Fathers Day. ( only took it off so I could see my dad )
                  I hear you man. We been working 12's for a month straight on a job that has to ship to China next week. Finally a 3 day weekend and im gonna make the best of it. Hopefully stick a pig with the new elite and get it broke in

Comment

Ac what are you using water totes for your deer or camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Ac what are you using water totes for your deer or camp?

Just for the deer to have water.

Comment

Gonna head out around noon with the tractor, shredder and disc. Buddy is driving the lease truck down today also and little brother will be behind us later today with the other tractor and disc. Lots of mowing and discing to do this weekend and fill up all the feeders. Doubt we will have time to shoot some birds but we will bring our stuff in case! Watch out for those rattlebugs everyone!

Comment

At least you boys say you have to mow. What is this grass you speak of? So dry in Llano I am not going to mess with plots this year. It is a win-win situation. If it doesn't rain in Sept./October I made the right call. If it does rain, which I certainly hope it does, I will take credit for causing the rain by not planting. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            At least you boys say you have to mow. What is this grass you speak of? So dry in Llano I am not going to mess with plots this year. It is a win-win situation. If it doesn't rain in Sept./October I made the right call. If it does rain, which I certainly hope it does, I will take credit for causing the rain by not planting. :-)
                            I thought about not planting this year but I am waiting til the middle of October. I do believe if it is still so dry I will just throw out the cheapest seed I can find. Protein and water sources are looking like the ticket for early bow season at this point.

Comment

Going tomorrow to help gravel camp. 6-18 wheeler loads of 1" aggregate coming in. Going to be doing a lot of raking...killing (*missing*) dove early AM and PM

Comment

Spending time with family and friends, pushed our last clean up trip to next weekend when its hopefully "cooler".

Comment

Working...
                                X