Salary Employee’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

No, I was just saying that my hourly employees get PTO.
    I know what I’m saying is hourly and salaried are no different.

PTO is to be used when working less then 40hrs. If my pay is based on a 40 hr work week and I don’t have enough PTO or don’t use it to cover the loss in hours there are two options regardless of exempt or non exempt, go negative or paid lessor check hrs for that week.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
      Does salary automatically mean 12 hour days? What’s realistic when no specific hours have been set? I understand you gotta get the job done but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to takeoff if we’re done for the day. Thoughts??
      Well my schedule is suppose to be 10 hour days 5 days a week but I end up working 13ish hours 6 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        you're off the res a bit, cuz.

salary does not "just mean you get PTO." That's what you said that is confusing because it is wrong.
        Sorry full time hourly is same as full time salaried. Both PTO schedules are figured on 2080 work hours a year.

Many a “salaried” exempt manager has won many of hours of back pay for excessive time over 40.

OT is simply any hour worked over 40. Exempt means not required to pay 1.5x hr rate for OT, but doesn’t exempt your employer from paying you straight time for hours over 40.

Comment

Below is a link to the DOL's fact sheet concerning exempt/non-exempt employment status which should answer most questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            Sorry full time hourly is same as full time salaried. Both PTO schedules are figured on 2080 work hours a year.

Many a “salaried” exempt manager has won many of hours of back pay for excessive time over 40.

OT is simply any hour worked over 40. Exempt means not required to pay 1.5x hr rate for OT, but doesn’t exempt your employer from paying you straight time for hours over 40.
            There's a minimum salary wage involved in this. Making above the minimum salary exempts employers from paying OT.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              I’m not a labor lawyer, but there are relatively new laws providing defense to employees who are on salary. In many cases they must be paid 1.5x for time over 40 hours a week. There have been enormous class action suits filed against several oilfield companies for putting people on salary then working them 70-90 hours per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ^ Yep.

Comment

I'm salaried and officially "non-exempt." No overtime but that's what I signed up for.

Comment

I own a shop pay straight time in my field most get flat rate I feel the two are the same it does not work sorry but the BS happy you got a job really stop take a look at what your not making per hour ..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                    So isnt that the same thing as hourly? Most hourly people get X amount of money for 40 and OT for anything over..

No, I'm salary. I get my base salary whether I work 20 or 40 hours a week. Hourly you just get paid for how many hours you work, you work 20 hours you get paid for 20 hours.

Comment

Salary is a contract. You pay me X to perform Y. Simple algebra; if you change Y to Y plus then I am going to demand you pay me X plus. You as an employer renegotiate my contract without asking me first I will find the door.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Really what you are saying is you cant negotiate your own pay and benefits you have to strong arm people with threats of everyone walking out.
                        So, that’s not at all what I am saying. It’s actually against the law for emergency first reaponders to strike. There is no strong arming anyone, we meet and confer to negotiate pay and benefits. As a firefighter we work 56 hour work weeks on straight time. Depending on the particular department schedules because we all do it different. Anything over 120 hours in a pay period is OT.

So before you go accusing people of “strong arming” and having an inability to negotiate. You may want to educate yourself.

Comment

Most people are just happy to have a job to have the opportunity to earn a living for their families.

I put in a crazy amount of time running the company, I knew what I was hired to do and the hours it would take to make it grow . 2 years ago I started with 17 employees, now I have over 200 in 10 different major cities in Texas and expanding to 8 states with a international dispatch center for the US and Canada. There are days I have to work a few hours but the last 7 weeks I have worked 19hr days nonstop 0500 to 2400 and it dont bother me..

Comment

Working...
                          X