Red Light Camera ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    I have got a couple. One in Tomball over 6 or 7 years ago and one in Diboll last year. Trash canned them both. Diboll started calling me and I talked to the lady and was very polite and advised I was not paying and that I looked forward to talking to her from time to time. That's the last I heard from her

I've renewed my DL and registrations multiple times since both of these.
    Same town I got mine in but I'm not paying that crap... I'm kind of a big deal.
    Last edited by Backwoods101; 01-08-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I'm not a big deal - and I didn't pay mine ...

Only people that didnt work for was the NTTA - I go to counseling in having to deal with that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        I have got a couple. One in Tomball over 6 or 7 years ago and one in Diboll last year. Trash canned them both. Diboll started calling me and I talked to the lady and was very polite and advised I was not paying and that I looked forward to talking to her from time to time. That's the last I heard from her

I've renewed my DL and registrations multiple times since both of these.
        Thats great!

Especially if got them in cities not near you or where you will register your vehicle

Comment

Yeap, got them before.. I take the time to review the video..yeap I was guilty, yeap I paid the ticket..
          EDIT....ALL of them have been "Turning Right on a red light" and not coming to a full stop to safely progress..
          Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 01-09-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

My Dad lives in Lufkin and he ran one late at night just to see if it actually worked. It worked and he paid it. I told him that you did not have to pay and most of the money goes to a private company but he is old school and hard headed. Since then he has paid for 2-3 more and always complains about it but will not listen to me when I tell him he does not have to pay. I have heard it all from him too.
            "You can go to jail for an unpaid ticket" "They can take my license away" "Thats bull you have to pay or they will arrest you" "I do not want my name in the paper over a red light ticket" (they publish the arrests)

So even if you do not pay there are enough people who do or they couldn't afford to keep the cameras there.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              I payed mine. I owned up to my mistake.
              Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                Be cautious, if you do not address the issue and they set a court date, could be an issue. Like a failure to appear warrant. That could make a simple traffic transgression some time in jail if the FTA Warrant does not have a bond set.
                You would actually have to be served with a court date.

Comment

My wife got 3 in one week, all were for turning right on red without stopping.. never paid them..

Comment

Send them a picture of $25!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Why do so many of y'all say don't pay it? There is clear video evidence that you ran a red light when they send you the ticket. You did the crime. How are you justifying not paying it?

The Sixth Amendment, or Amendment VI of the United States Constitution is the section of the Bill of Rights that guarantees a citizen a speedy trial, a fair jury, an attorney if the accused person wants one, and the chance to confront the witnesses who is accusing the defendant of a crime, meaning he or she can see who is making accusations.

Comment

Working...
                      X