Red Light Camera ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    I'll pay when they can prove their camera took a picture when i was driving AND the light was red at the time -and they can be cross examine -not just because they have a picture of a license plate in an intersection,
    Also.. **** Tomball's red light cameras.
    Good thing Montgomery county refuses to comply with their scofflaw requests...

https://www.facebook.com/TomballTrashYourTicket/
    I've got two tickets for turning right on red and not stopping completely. Both of my incidents had videos as well as photos. Both times I didn't stop and so I paid the tickets. Seems to me people try to justify their breaking of a law or regulation by any means possible. If nothing happens because you don't pay it that's fine. The rest of it is between you and God. Have a good Thursday y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
      Got one in Arlington a few years ago for slow-rolling a right turn on red. Never paid it, no repercussions.
      they will put a hold on your DL and the next time you register your vehicle. Had that happen in Arlington to me, then right after I paid it, they pulled all the cameras/turned them off ... go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
        I've got two tickets for turning right on red and not stopping completely. Both of my incidents had videos as well as photos. Both times I didn't stop and so I paid the tickets. Seems to me people try to justify their breaking of a law or regulation by any means possible. If nothing happens because you don't pay it that's fine. The rest of it is between you and God. Have a good Thursday y'all!
        If you want to pay a non municipal 3rd party organization/company with no official or legal authority a fine for a city/state law that you cant question or or cross examine, go ahead...seems stupid AF to me but some people are meek..and thats ok......
        and I'm good in my relationship with God.
        He hates red light cameras too.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          I payed mine. I owned up to my mistake.
          It makes me all tingly when someone forgoes their right to face their accuser.

Comment

If you want to pay a non municipal 3rd party organization/company with no official or legal authority a fine for a city/state law that you cant question or or cross examine, go ahead...seems stupid AF to me but some people are meek..and thats ok......

Comment

Be cautious, if you do not address the issue and they set a court date, could be an issue. Like a failure to appear warrant. That could make a simple traffic transgression some time in jail if the FTA Warrant does not have a bond set.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Why do so many of y'all say don't pay it? There is clear video evidence that you ran a red light when they send you the ticket. You did the crime. How are you justifying not paying it?
                I'll pay when they can prove their camera took a picture when i was driving AND the light was red at the time -and they can be cross examine -not just because they have a picture of a license plate in an intersection,
                Also.. **** Tomball's red light cameras.
                Good thing Montgomery county refuses to comply with their scofflaw requests...

https://www.facebook.com/TomballTrashYourTicket/
                Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                I think they are unconstitutional. That is my justifying.

It privatizing law enforcement.....that is bad bad bad.

If a private company filmed, investigated, judged and sentenced a poacher, yes would have a problem with that.

Yep ( bolded above ), without a doubt a violation of the Constitution. It is very clear what must happen when accused of violating the law.

Video is not proof. It is evidence. Evidence to be submitted at a TRIAL.

When a cop pulls you over do they just send a bill? Maybe he should just print it there with the ticket and save a stamp? Why not?

Comment

Well tried to call and pay the 75$ fee but refuse to pay 25$ delinquent fee since this was the first notice I have seen. Lady on the phone was nice until I mentioned just wanting to pay the fine itself since there was no initial notice (because I moved less than 2 weeks after the violation date). Her toned changed big time and wanted nothing to do with discussing removing the fee.

On top of that you cannot pay in any method without another "convenience fee" tacked on top...

Not a cash grab my arse lol

Comment

Geez...Calm the truck down. I quote you on saying they have a photo of my license plate in an intersection which doesn't prove anything to which I agree. I said they have videos of it proving it was me so I pay the fine. Then some where after that I get called stupid AF by you for doing such. Then you say god hates something. Man oh man...I guess I got you all turned up. I apologize for any butt hurt applied that wasn't intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      Be cautious, if you do not address the issue and they set a court date, could be an issue. Like a failure to appear warrant. That could make a simple traffic transgression some time in jail if the FTA Warrant does not have a bond set.
                      Its a civil matter not criminal. No FTA warrant will be issued. There is no court date from a municipality. These "fines" are issued from a company operating the cameras and then a portion goes to the municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post

Is this a fact? My wife received a red light ticket abt 5 years ago in my truck. Rolling right on red...when I called the company in Colorado to let them know I was not going to pay the ticket they simply said “ok”. I haven’t revived anything since.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          It makes me all tingly when someone forgoes their right to face their accuser.
                          That's not it at all I ran the light I was guilty I paid my fine. Had it been the other way I would have contested it. Problem we have in this country nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Why do so many of y'all say don't pay it? There is clear video evidence that you ran a red light when they send you the ticket. You did the crime. How are you justifying not paying it?
                              They cannot prove you were the driver of vehicle is the biggest issue i have seen. Could have been your brother mother father son, a criminal etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                                They cannot prove you were the driver of vehicle is the biggest issue i have seen. Could have been your brother mother father son, a criminal etc.
                                Do you pay parking tickets? Same logic would apply no? I have received one I knew I did it at the time I saw the flash. I paid it and moved on. The one that made me smile was shortly thereafter we received another in my name and my wife was bitching about it. Her car her face no idea if she ran it or not but she paid it without question and shut up very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X