No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a banded lesser scaup this morning in Carrizo Springs as part of a limit, was pretty neat. Bird was about 4 months old and came from Montana.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24564661
      Can someone confirm what kind of goose this is? Is it a snow or a Ross? First goose I’ve shot and a gentleman said it may be a Ross a little farther up this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        [ATTACH]939641[/ATTACH]
        Can someone confirm what kind of goose this is? Is it a snow or a Ross? First goose I’ve shot and a gentleman said it may be a Ross a little farther up this thread.

I think that’s a snow. Bill looks to be bigger than that of a Ross.

Comment

[ATTACH]939641[/ATTACH]

The other pics looked like the bill was short like a Ross reason I mentioned. It has the grin patch of a snow and lines on the face of a snow.

Comment

Duck Season 2018-2019

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
            The other pics looked like the bill was short like a Ross reason I mentioned. It has the grin patch of a snow and lines on the face of a snow.

I looked it up and thought it was a snow because of that grin patch you speak of, wasn’t too sure so figured I’d ask here.

Comment

I looked it up and thought it was a snow because of that grin patch you speak of, wasn’t too sure so figured I’d ask here.

Good deal, Congrats!

Comment

Coming in fairly good up here tonight. Our local rest area was starting to rick up pretty good this evening and we’re not going to lock up until Monday night & maybe not at all. We may have a few good shoots next couple days.

Comment

Finally happened, got skunked this morning. Not looking good for the rest of the season, one of my spots dried out and the other isn’t holding ducks. Only saw 5 and they didn’t come in for a shot. Wishing I had numbers like I did in teal season.

My buddies got the first skunk on record for our group of friends this year.

Me and another friend hunted a different area and put the smack down on some birds getting full limits. Had two extremely nice fully plumed blue wings, one of which will he will have mounted.

We are down a little over 100 birds from last year which wasn't a banner year.

Its been good though, we have had some amazing hunts, with some really quality birds, at least 4 or 5 that will be mounted, also several bands. Have had to chase the birds more than normal.

Comment

We were 2 shy of a 3 man limit yesterday. We could have limited but had to leave due to engagements. Best hunt we’ve had since the big duck opener. Hunting between el campo and Palacios.

Comment

A little “classic” action this morning on a pond near the house.

Happy New Year.

Skooter

Comment

Dang nice hunt! Wish I had that kind of action on the ponds near my house, nice Humpback BTW.

Comment

Seems like a lot more birds moved in last few days. North Texas area.

Comment

Had a good New Years Eve hunt

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                              Seems like a lot more birds moved in last few days. North Texas area.
                              My buddy’s just got back from Lubbock last 3 days and they murdered the ducks and lessers

Comment

Took the kids and daughter’s boyfriend out this afternoon. Three gaddies, a couple bluebill and a shovelor. East side of San Antonio.

Comment

Working...
                                X