No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season has been terrible for our camp. The last three years were really good but so far this year opening weekend was the last time we were holding birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone going out this Saturday? I’m going to take my younger brother out during that front that’s coming, hoping for a good shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        Anyone killing any ducks to speak of down there?

This is the worst season I can remember, here. It’s been pretty pitiful.
        Every time I think about going I get dragged back into reality of the fact we still have not gotten a big push of birds. And the ones we do have are scattered with all this water.

I drove from Austin TX to New Orleans LA and back and saw 4 canvas backs. The route I take is all back roads which lets me see a lot of stock tanks and a few lakes.

Now that said, I still wanted to go tomorrow, however, the spot I want to go will have some serious water flowing into the lake after the rain from yesterday and last night. So, needless to say, I'm going to make a sit in the bow blind.

If we don't get a big push in Jan, I'm thinking this will officially be the worst season I've ever experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Every time I think about going I get dragged back into reality of the fact we still have not gotten a big push of birds. And the ones we do have are scattered with all this water.

I drove from Austin TX to New Orleans LA and back and saw 4 canvas backs. The route I take is all back roads which lets me see a lot of stock tanks and a few lakes.

Now that said, I still wanted to go tomorrow, however, the spot I want to go will have some serious water flowing into the lake after the rain from yesterday and last night. So, needless to say, I'm going to make a sit in the bow blind.

If we don't get a big push in Jan, I'm thinking this will officially be the worst season I've ever experienced.

This is my first year duck hunting, I thought it was a decent season. I guess I have more to look forward to next year!!

Comment

It was slow this morning, but not too slow[emoji6]

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the bands. I've seen several double banded geese before but never a double banded duck. Is the second one a reward band?

Comment

Finally happened, got skunked this morning. Not looking good for the rest of the season, one of my spots dried out and the other isn’t holding ducks. Only saw 5 and they didn’t come in for a shot. Wishing I had numbers like I did in teal season.

Comment

Man, last two days were awful.

Hunted a gravel lake we saw holding 100+ birds thursday, saw 5 friday am. Shot 3.

This morning got skunked on the lake, did not even have any come over. And my waders tore! Water was cold, and the trolling motor broke, also trailer lights weren't working.

Popping some drinks the rest of the day and watching football. I think i need a break!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Duck Season 2018-2019

We killed two limits this morning in Webb County. Gadwalls,Widgeon,Blue and Greenwing teal and a ringneck. Decent amount of birds down you just have to do your scouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by rattler7696; 12-29-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I like duck hinting

Comment

Snuck in a 45 min hunt before work Wednesday and shot my first hooded merganser. It's headed for the wall!

Comment

Hunted POC Friday morning and it was super slow. No big flights of reds flying. Out of 4 of us we shot 2 bluebills and a pintail.

Comment

We are usually loaded up with ducks and geese this time of year here on the prairie near East Bernard. Haven’t seen any ducks in weeks and maybe a few dozen geese. Been here 10 years and this is the worst I’ve ever seen. What’s everyone thinking? Not enough cold air to push them down or plenty of food up north?

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                              Awesome! Congrats on the bands. I've seen several double banded geese before but never a double banded duck. Is the second one a reward band?

Yep it was a reward band for $65, which is kinda odd since all the other ones we have shot have either been for $100 or $50.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter8213 View Post
                                We are usually loaded up with ducks and geese this time of year here on the prairie near East Bernard. Haven’t seen any ducks in weeks and maybe a few dozen geese. Been here 10 years and this is the worst I’ve ever seen. What’s everyone thinking? Not enough cold air to push them down or plenty of food up north?

Not cold enough further north, and I don’t think the overall numbers this year are what they have been the last few seasons.

There were some flight ducks coming in, this morning. Lots of geese coming in, too. First decent push we’ve had since right before the opener! Pretty crazy for our area, but heck when it’s 50 degrees every day i guess it shouldn’t be too surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X