No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! He is getting to be such a big boy. God bless ya'll!

Comment

I have wept on more than one occasion after opening this page. Today is no exception. Praise God for what He has done in the life of Emmett.

Comment

Let’s give a shout to the Lord Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals.

Psalm 149 PTL O’ my soul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praise God!

Comment

Where is that dang LIKE button! What a wonderful Christmas gift! Continued prayers.

Comment

so cool guys!

He's not even my kid, and I can't wait for him to get home!

Comment

Yeehaa!!! That is such great news!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  God is great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                  Amen, all day every day!

Comment

So happy for y'all!! More prayers sent!! What a special Christmas this will be!!

Comment

Go Emmett!!

Comment

Praise God! Thank You for this miracle that is Emmett!

Comment

Really glad to hear the good news. Continued prayers for you.

Comment

Emmett did it. We did it. God has blessed us so.

Krystal and I have asked each other at least a dozen times as we sit in the comfort of our livingroom if this is really happening. It's a day that seemed would never come. As I stood on the alter and said "I do" to my beautiful wife, I thought nothing could trump that moment. Bringing Emmett home today with that woman did just that.

Our night rooming in was filled with rest and relaxation. You all know better than to believe that. It was quite the opposite lol. Little man was up every 2 hours on the dot. Couple that with the random alarm going off, and it was a long night. But don't take this as complaining; we wouldn't have traded that night for anything else. We were ready for him to come home.

During the early morning hours, Emmett had his car seat test. He passed with no issues. Following that was the eye exam, which he tolerated well (and the results were good!). With the very last two checkoffs marked in Emmett's NICU journey, it finally became real that this wasn't just a dream, and Emmett was coming home TODAY! As we entered the unit, we immediately ran into one of Emmett's doctors, who upon seeing us opened his arms and hugged us. He had some really kind words for us, which made for teary eyes only 30 seconds into it. I went to work loading his countless gifts, cards, and misallanious while Krystal entertained the numerous hospital staff as they stopped in to wish us a fair well. After the doctor gave Emmett one last check, the time was upon us. We loaded up his oxygen bottle, got him settled in his car seat, and headed for the door. There was a line of staff waiting for us, and showed us with bubbles as we walked through. It was a touching moment for sure. We got little man locked in to his car seat and headed home... at a rate of 25 mph. Well, not quite that slow, but I was 10-2 the whole way!

Once more, we have to say thank you to each and every one of you. You all have contributed in one way or another to helping us get to today. Emotional support, financial support, food, or simply prayers, it all helped us along. You folks are the best. As I promised, I plan to continue with a weekly update on Emmett's progress every Sunday. As many doctor visits that we have each week, I should have plenty to talk about. Krystal will be off for two months to take care of Emmett, as dad heads back tomorrow. So in closing, thank you all again, and say it with us; EMMETT IS HOME!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

WHOOOOOP!!! That is awesome news! I know tonight will probably be a restless one, but y'all will be fine. I can't wait to see pictures of Emmett in a few years as you post them up here for someone going through the same thing you and your wife have just gone through. I would think that would be very encouraging as you go through days of worry and questions and not enough answers. May God continue to bless Emmett and all of you as you begin this next phase of your lives.

Bill
                              '75

Comment

Thrilled for you guys, bet that was one heckuva day! Christmas done come a little early!! Will continue to keep Emmett lifted up in prayer as well as yourself and momma. May the Good Lord continue to shower His blessings upon you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X