No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this report. Continued prayers for healing.

Comment

Prayers continue

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Praise God for a good day!

Lord, please bring healing to little Emmett. Please take the infection out of his body and give him strength and good health. Bless him as he grows. Bless his parents with courage, strength and peace. Thank you for the good news today. Bring more for Emmett, Lord.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          Day 26 update. You guys heeded our plea for prayers, God heard them, and we were blessed with a day of favorable news and health!

After a rough night of sparse rest, we arrived at the hospital anxious to hear how Emmett was doing. He had a good night, and seemed to be looking better and more active. They took an echo of his heart, and an ultrasound on all vital organs to determine if there was any yeast colonies growing on them. As we waited for the results of the aforementioned, the nurse begin searching Emmett for an IV catheter location. They had two in place, but due to the harshness of the medication they had to pull both for redness and swelling reasons. She found only one good location, and said they needed to save that location for the PICC. I knew what she was implying with this, and reluctantly nodded in agreement as she moved to his head. Seeing Emmett grimace in pain from this head stick is extremely hard to watch, but I do it just so I can stand there and hold his little hand through it.

Two neonatal doctors entered the room, which at first scared me. Turns out, they were both just excited to inform us that the ultrasound showed no growth of yeast anywhere! As we relished in the great news, the cardiologist also came to the room. She could see no changes in Emmett's heart from the yeast as well. Additionally, she informed us that based on this recent echo, they felt much more better about the left ventricle issue and that the chances of the dreaded disease I alluded to in a previous post (which I'll now say was pompe) being the cause has greatly diminished. After three really difficult days, this news couldn't have been any sweeter.

We were graced with another visit from Pastor Sam Brannon today, where we all prayed together for Emmett. Pastor Sam also brought an offering of communion to us, which we graciously accepted. Taking communion today sure warmed our souls.

The infection is still present in his blood, and Emmett still needs your prayers in a big way. I always thought my dad was the toughest man I knew. I'm going to have to break it to him that he's now been surpassed by our little man. I'm astonished at the fight he has in him. To everyone, Krystal and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This is such great news. I’ve had a hard time reading your thread because it brings back some seriously terribly memories of my daughter who was a 24 weeker. Man.....you will learn this as you go: there is nothing like a NICU nurse and NOTHING like a NICU family. Continued prayers for y’all and especially Emmett. Kenley is now a healthy 5 year old and her struggle showed us god is SO good. If you ever have questions, we are well versed in what you’re going thru, actually my son was a premie too lol but not near as bad as my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He is a handsome little man.

LORD, Bless Emmett with health and healing. Bless his parents for whatever they need.

Thank You LORD for the good report. Continue to help Emmett to recover and get well.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Colton, you made my day with this report!! I cried like a baby reading it, but unlike other tears I have shed for Emmett, these were tears of release, joy and praise!

Thank You Jesus!! Lord continue this good work in Emmett. Purify his blood with the blood of The Lamb's heart. Lord that Communion your disciple delivered today was in Your perfect timing. As often as we take the bread and wine, we do so in remembrance of the promise You gave us through the shedding of the Divine Blood of Your Son... Heal Emmett with that blood Lord God. Cleanse his body so that it can continue to grow in strength, stature,wisdom, and spirit. Make him into a whole little man after Your own Heart. Thank You God again for the healing. Give his mom and dad rest tonight and the hope that tomorrow will bring more good news and healing. In the powerful healing name of Jesus our Lord, Amen.

Comment

What a great report....and what a handsome fella he is! Continued thoughts and prayers for all of you! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment

Sure is dusty around here. I will continue to send up prayers. I can attest to how well they work and will definently share. Hang in there.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Amen!!!!!

Comment

The NICU nurses and other families and support staff can help y’all get through.
                        Our Abbie came at 25+3 and we were scared. We spent 3.5 months in NICU and took Abbie home on her due date. We made friends with the other families and utilized the Ronald McDonald house support to make it through.

It is a hopeless feeling in the beginning. Celebrate the small stuff. Cpap settings, food intake, weight gain.... remember if the nurses and docs are not spending every waking hour in your room that is a good thing.

Here is Abbie. She was 1.9lbs and 12in long. She is 3.5 now and we have only been to the doctor for normal check ups and 1 cold.

Good luck and our prayers are with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers Up for a Good Day! Screen got real blurry reading yesterday.

Comment

I can't imagine what y'all are going through. Continued prayers to you and your family! Stay strong in your faith!

Comment

Go Emmet go!!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                                Day 26 update. You guys heeded our plea for prayers, God heard them, and we were blessed with a day of favorable news and health!

After a rough night of sparse rest, we arrived at the hospital anxious to hear how Emmett was doing. He had a good night, and seemed to be looking better and more active. They took an echo of his heart, and an ultrasound on all vital organs to determine if there was any yeast colonies growing on them. As we waited for the results of the aforementioned, the nurse begin searching Emmett for an IV catheter location. They had two in place, but due to the harshness of the medication they had to pull both for redness and swelling reasons. She found only one good location, and said they needed to save that location for the PICC. I knew what she was implying with this, and reluctantly nodded in agreement as she moved to his head. Seeing Emmett grimace in pain from this head stick is extremely hard to watch, but I do it just so I can stand there and hold his little hand through it.

Two neonatal doctors entered the room, which at first scared me. Turns out, they were both just excited to inform us that the ultrasound showed no growth of yeast anywhere! As we relished in the great news, the cardiologist also came to the room. She could see no changes in Emmett's heart from the yeast as well. Additionally, she informed us that based on this recent echo, they felt much more better about the left ventricle issue and that the chances of the dreaded disease I alluded to in a previous post (which I'll now say was pompe) being the cause has greatly diminished. After three really difficult days, this news couldn't have been any sweeter.

We were graced with another visit from Pastor Sam Brannon today, where we all prayed together for Emmett. Pastor Sam also brought an offering of communion to us, which we graciously accepted. Taking communion today sure warmed our souls.

The infection is still present in his blood, and Emmett still needs your prayers in a big way. I always thought my dad was the toughest man I knew. I'm going to have to break it to him that he's now been surpassed by our little man. I'm astonished at the fight he has in him. To everyone, Krystal and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                Dear Lord thank you for your grace, your power, your love. Please comfort this family and this little feller. May they all live to share your glory with everyone they meet!

Comment

Working...
                                X