Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Fixed blade, Cut on contact broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    Maybe you got a bad heat treatment making them brittle.

Ive has zero issue, but again my are orginal first year production
    If it was a bad production run it lasted at least two years. I shot them for a three year period, and they did do there job. But they are some what fragile, a lot more so then most heads out now. I believe the originals were far better, reason I began shooting them in the first place was because of the reviews they got. But my experiance was after SV30. I called and asked why it was not on the packaging saying they were SV30 ( as the packages I seen in the reviews did) and was told it was a differant steel. Don't remember exactly what it is now. And again they worked.

Comment

I prefer the Ramcats but I also use the Muzzy and G5 Tekken.

Comment

For my local whitetail deer I'm still using the Shuttle T's...they've killed everything I've shot at since they came out.

Comment

Magnus black hornet ser razor 125g. I'm a noob to bow hunting - but I killed a hog with one of these last year. Full pass through, tons of blood, dead pig, and the broad head was undamaged and ready to kill again.

Comment

Another vote for Iron Will. I haven't got to shoot much other than a pig with one, but my son has killed a few animals with them. I can't imagine ever using another kind of fixed blade head.

Comment

As a follow up, I went with the Solid Legend 125's. I killed a small meat elk opening morning and the broad head performed great. clean pass through and it devastated both lungs.

Comment

I have shot G5 Montecs and they get the job done, but i am considering switching to NAP Thunderheads or the Magnus Black Hornets.

Tried the whole Rage and mechanicals also, but i'm going back to the KISS method.

Comment

I am going to bump this thread and hope some new information comes through, since the bow season is now over.

Comment

I shot a pig quartering to me the other day with a QAD exodus. Shot it square in the near side shoulder and it exited just behind the off side shoulder. Blood trail was easy to follow. Pig went about 40 yards and it wasn't a small pig. No damage to the head at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      For fixed blade, I like muzzy phantoms and ramcats!
                      This is the same for my brother and me. Ramcats have been impressive and Muzzys are the ol reliable.

Comment

The Slick Trick Magnums worked best for me. I prefer a mechanical for deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have Iron Will, Solid, Magnus, Muzzy, Carbon Express and a few others. I like a 2 blade with bleeders. When I hunt elk I use my Iron Will heads, they are the best I have shot, no doubt about it. When I am shooting hill country whitetails at 20 yards, I use a Carbon Express XT4. They are an accurate, solid, and inexpensive head and I have busted too many Solids and a couple Iron Will heads on chunks of granite to continue using them from treestands. Luckily Iron Will has their lifetime warranty. Iron Will are the toughest heads I have shot, but nothing compared to hard hill county ground.

Last edited by V22; 01-17-2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

German kinetics

Comment

Comment

Simmons...take your pick of model.

Comment

Working...
                                X