X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
    Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 100% serious. They have weak ferrules and brittle blades. I have my own experience with them but here is a pic from a guys broadhead test and a link to his test. That broken one is the solid

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      I’m 100% serious. They have weak ferrules and brittle blades. I have my own experience with them but here is a pic from a guys broadhead test and a link to his test. That broken one is the solid

Good thing deer don’t harbor cinder blocks in their shoulders. Haha. But I have yet to have one let me or my wife down. If I do my part, they do theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
        What head is this?

Looks like a GK
        German Kinetic

Nope maybe not....
        German Kinetic Bordheads for Bowhunters - Bowhunter Hardware 100% Made in Germany!

Maybe a Massai? From Alaska Bowhunting supply?
        Nope not that one either...
        Hmmm....
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-25-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          I've had tremendous success with Simmons Sharks, the Land and Tiger Shark in particular. Hard to find bigger cut in a two blade COC head, absolutely brutal.
          I bought a 3 pk 2 years ago.
          Still have yet to hunt with them....

Comment

What head is this?

It's a german kenetic XXL 200gr. They make it in a 175 gr. Also. Or an XL 1 1/2 inch cut in 125 gr. or 150 gr. Then they make others also. Great heads, but they are kinda expensive. Sharpest heads I have encountered. These are from Germany, there is another company ( Alaska something or other) that make them also. But they are not as well made as the German heads, but they are a little expensive I believe also.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              Solids!

I shot solid for a time, before they were bought out. And they are not worth the price, they really weren't worth the price then either ( 75.00). Seriously if you like that style head, and are going to spend that kind of money, get the iron wills, or look at the German kanetics. The steel is very brittle in the solids, and they chip very easy( shooting a block target) and crack or totaly brake apart if anything remotely hard is hit. They work, but iam telling you, there are far better heads for less money then these. And far superior heads for the same money. Straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                I shot solid for a time, before they were bought out. And they are not worth the price, they really weren't worth the price then either ( 75.00). Seriously if you like that style head, and are going to spend that kind of money, get the iron wills, or look at the German kanetics. The steel is very brittle in the solids, and they chip very easy( shooting a block target) and crack or totaly brake apart if anything remotely hard is hit. They work, but iam telling you, there are far better heads for less money then these. And far superior heads for the same money. Straight up.

My exact experience

Comment

I can’t attest to Solids since Steve sold. I’m still shooting the originals and have kill multiple animals with them. No issues, I picked up some non vented Iron Will’s this year to try, I’m not overly excited about the cutting width.

I’ve had really good luck with sv30 both knives and broadheads, hopefully th Ironwills don’t rust out on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    I can’t attest to Solids since Steve sold. I’m still shooting the originals and have kill multiple animals with them. No issues, I picked up some non vented Iron Will’s this year to try, I’m not overly excited about the cutting width.

I’ve had really good luck with sv30 both knives and broadheads, hopefully th Ironwills don’t rust out on me.
                    I don't believe the the solids are sv30 any longer, if they are something is seriously wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      My exact experience

And yes I see your post now( didn't read all of them before) I didn't tourture test them, just real life situations. And they didn't do great at all. I have far far better luck with exodus, and even slick tricks then the solids, as far as holding up to ribs and shoulder blade hits. ( slick tricks nick up also, but way cheaper and easier to replace)

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        I bought a 3 pk 2 years ago.
                        Still have yet to hunt with them....

You should

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          I don't believe the the solids are sv30 any longer, if they are something is seriously wrong.
                          Maybe you got a bad heat treatment making them brittle.

Ive has zero issue, but again my are orginal first year production

Comment

Fixed blade, Cut on contact broadheads

What head is this?

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            Looks like a GK
                            German Kinetic

Nope maybe not....
                            German Kinetic Bordheads for Bowhunters - Bowhunter Hardware 100% Made in Germany!

Maybe a Massai? From Alaska Bowhunting supply?
                            Nope not that one either...
                            Hmmm....

It is one of 3 things, and I can tell from the pics because I can’t see the screws good enough.

It is either:

1) German Kinetic DS
                            2) German Kinetic XXL
                            3) Alaska Bowhunting Supply Silverflame XXL

1 & 2 are better than 3!

Bisch

Edit: I see where critter69 answered above that it is indeed a GK Head!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Bisch; 08-25-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I don't know why RMS Cutthroats don't get more love here.

They are less expensive at 3/$55 but are lifetime guaranteed and less brittle than the the Grizzly's and for $5 more will come pre-sharpened to razors edge. Available in Rt or Lt bevel from 125-250 grain glue in for you trad. guys or screw in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                                I don't know why RMS Cutthroats don't get more love here.

They are less expensive at 3/$55 but are lifetime guaranteed and less brittle than the the Grizzly's and for $5 more will come pre-sharpened to razors edge. Available in Rt or Lt bevel from 125-250 grain glue in for you trad. guys or screw in.
                                I’ve got the 200gr right bevel. They are ok, will probably use them on my antelope hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X