No announcement yet.

Cheap Tasco Trail Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the six mp version and they do okay. Night photos are not great unless the animal is tight to the camera. Great battery life. Seems like the lens stays cloudy for longer after a rain event than some of my other cameras. And honestly, I’d rather miss a few shots than get thousands of false triggers.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Comment

Mine is going strong

Comment

Cheap Tasco Trail Cam

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	24547925
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	24547926

Some more pictures, this nilgai is about 35 yards from the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one i use to catch my son taking tools out of the garage and not returning them.

Comment

mine wouldnt turn off,and had green squares in pics so exchanged it for a stealth can $45, only issue was card goes in upside down,but so far works fine.1st Stealthcam

Comment

Had one...no workie.

Comment

I used one for a couple of years. It always worked, but the night pics weren't the greatest. I gave it to my friend to put out at his Ohio farm and it stopped working after a few months. But to get 2.5 years out of a $25 camera was good I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                    I saw a Tasco trail cam at Walmart for $30.

Does anyone know anything about them

I just want basic pictures and a time stamp
                    Consider the extended warranty if you get any. I never buy them but Walmart offers a two year warranty for $2-3 depending on whether you get the 8mp for $28 or the 10mp for $38. The plan includes shipping costs. I bought three and so far so good. Pics are plenty good enough to see what’s coming in. I noticed when batteries start getting weak the first thing it does is stop taking night pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                      Been using them and I think it’s all I’m gonna use now, I’ve bought expensive cameras that only last a year and can’t ever get a company to warranty them out. Here’s some pics from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good enough to me, will be looking into these.

Comment

I have three out on public land. They were there 56 days and I just checked them this past weekend. The two w/ lithium batteries where still going strong. The other one was dead. Pic quality was more than great for a $30 camera, Plus if they were to get stolen I'm not really out anything. I bought them on a whim and was really satisfied. Matter of fact they are still in the woods. I even brought back up cameras just incase they didn't preform. Now how many critters did I miss who knows, but I have a pretty good idea of what's in those areas.

Comment

you get what you pay for...Buy a real camera and you will see the difference

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            you get what you pay for...Buy a real camera and you will see the difference
                            It seems to me that they got what they paid for and more. If it lasted just one season 30.00 is cheap scouting and even the expensive ones mess up.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I set 4 of them up one on top of the other in the backyard to test them.

So far so good.

With the $2 2 yr warrantee I figure they’re worth trying. Thanks

Comment

mine doesn't take night pics

Comment

Working...
                                X