Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Not how I wanted to start the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. It happens to the best of us. I remember one time I stepped outside the shop with nothing on.. I only planned on being out there for 5 or 6 seconds to grab my hunting clothes I left by the door. Anyway, The door locked behind me and I was stuck outside and it was about 25 degrees that morning. 20 miles away from anyone who could help. In an almost super natural way I twisted up a piece of copper wire that I found in my truck and I was able to reach in there and pull back the mechanism. I was back inside in less than 2 minutes. I locked myself out of that shop again one time and never could get back inside. I drove home 4 hours for the key but never found it. I returned with some different tools that I could get in with but still never could get inside. I ended up having to cut the lock off

Comment

Look at the bright side, at least you had on boxes![emoji16]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Note to self, do not walk out of the house without a key and or cell phone, also I need to hide an emergency key somewhere outside.[/QUOTE]

You may want to add a pair of shorts to that list! Hope your day got better.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
          Read it again...he said The Wife.....maybe was not his...

You read it again, it said the wife and kids.... what sorta “not your wife” Bri gs her kids, or takes your kids?

Comment

I had on gym shorts!!! The wife just told the coworker she locked me out of the house in my undies and it spread like wildfire at work. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
              Got this in email saying security cam footage from Aaron's neighborhood this morning.

He really should water some more. His yard looks awfully parched. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
                Until your 3 year old locks the door from the garage into the house too!

My wife locked me out once and I used the key pad to get in and she had locked the garage door. As long as the deadbolts aren’t locked I can get in with my triple a card I keep in my car.

Comment

Yeah. Hidden keys are it. Asked wife to handle it for over a year.

Tired of waiting and handled myself.

2 yrs later, we went for a long run. She locked the doors w/o putting a key in pocket.

Went to neighbors yard where I hid the key and gloated for a good hour.

Sorry for your trouble. Happens to all of us.

Comment

Hide a key is a simple, effective, cheap, low tech solution to your problem

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                      Good reason to install a keypad on the outside of the garage for opening it.

We have one on the front door, after I locked myself out of the house for the 3rd time. 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

Garage door keypad and a hidden key in the garage. I feel your pain but it only happened once.

Comment

Who still has house keys? I haven't had a house key in 10 years.

Keypads are the way to go.

I think they locked you out on purpose

Comment

Keypad lock on one of the doors. Teenagers use stuff and put it back as often as cows fly.

Comment

We are about to do some remodeling and front door is one of the things that is going to be done. I'm going to look at a keypad on the door but there is also a key hidden outside now.

Comment

Don't feel bad, I've done it to myself. You'd be amazed how fast it is to "bypass" a door knob lock. I now use my dead bolt when leaving the house and keep a hidden key buried in the yard.

Comment

Working...
                                X