Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Great Organization!

Is the coach Garrett or Fry?
    Waggoner is the coach of the team we are on

Comment

Originally posted by seeing reds View Post
      Big Organization - vs - Single team

Age Group 14U Class of 2023

What is the recommendation? Especially if the kid shows exceptional potential?

I hadnt really thought about "exposure" or "college" until this exact discussion last night with a buddy of mine. He has an older daughter who went through the recruiting process for softball and he is a firm believer in gaining exposure early.
      Bigger organization are just better when it comes to knowing more college coaches over a single team. I'm not saying at all that an individual team can't get it done it's just more setup for bigger organization most of the time. I would also do a lot of the work myself when it comes to my son video and setting up visit to different schools won't just trust others to get it done for me. Getting exposed early is never a bad thing get your player out there and let them know you are looking.

Comment

Reds- if he is happy where he is I would leave him. Summer between Sophmore -Jr year is key. Then I would find a organization that has a need for your kid at his age group and position. And at that point it is exposure for next level. It kills me that you have to go this route today but it is almost unavoidable.

Comment

How is everybody lookin?

First day of 7v7 football was yesterday. Baseball starts Tuesday. Back to the schedule craziness.

Anybody on new teams gotten started yet?

Comment

Workouts goin good..boys swing looks real good..
            Finally getting out of the mentality of 'touch the ball if im unsure about it" mode and into more of a 'crush the ball into itty bitty pieces every swing just in case i make contact' mode....

Tryouts are next week... lots of kids ..expanded some teams as well..

Comment

Oldest son had tryouts last Sunday, but we won't know if he made the team until this Sunday. Little one had a major ear drum reconstruction surgery and won't be released for another month, but his roster spot is there when he gets back. Hopefully they are both back at it soon! They had a really good break this summer and I hope they both come back ready to go!

Comment

Practices started this week for my son. Ready to get this started

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                  Practices started this week for my son. Ready to get this started
                  How's the new squad turning out?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Workouts goin good..boys swing looks real good..
                    Finally getting out of the mentality of 'touch the ball if im unsure about it" mode and into more of a 'crush the ball into itty bitty pieces every swing just in case i make contact' mode....

Tryouts are next week... lots of kids ..expanded some teams as well..
                    Y'all arent making a move are you?

Comment

Nope.. staying with same special group.. (he has to try out like all of them to keep their spots)..

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        How's the new squad turning out?
                        They look good

Comment

Great to hear !

Comment

It's on for us as well. 14U AAA team for the fall. My son is fired up to get going and he's only been off since early July. I'm waiting for his major growth spurt to kick in.

Comment

Tryouts again on Tuesday for SSK1 Baseball.
                              SSK1 Baseball Academy’s vision is to focus on player, coach and parent development to become one of the top youth baseball programs in the area. Our mission is to develop baseball skills and character that enable players and coaches to reach their fullest potential both on and off the field. Our first-class resources for player/coach development and MLB professional staff allow coaches to coach and players to play. SSK1 Baseball Academy employs an age-appropriate combination of lessons, video analysis, strength/agility training, camps, practices, leagues and tournaments to ensure our players enjoy maximum success throughout their youth. What makes SSK1 Baseball Academy different from most competitive youth baseball teams is our commitment to development. SSK1 Baseball Academy players are expected to maintain solid standing in school, and are recognized for their academic achievements as well as their athletic achievements. Our players will participate in professionally organized MLB instructed practices that will stress fundamentals in a positive approach that lacks in youth baseball today.

Contact Info:

Scott Strickland 713-397-0866

ssk1baseball@yahoo.com — with Chrystie Farmer and 2 others.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                                Tryouts again on Tuesday for SSK1 Baseball.
                                SSK1 Baseball Academy’s vision is to focus on player, coach and parent development to become one of the top youth baseball programs in the area. Our mission is to develop baseball skills and character that enable players and coaches to reach their fullest potential both on and off the field. Our first-class resources for player/coach development and MLB professional staff allow coaches to coach and players to play. SSK1 Baseball Academy employs an age-appropriate combination of lessons, video analysis, strength/agility training, camps, practices, leagues and tournaments to ensure our players enjoy maximum success throughout their youth. What makes SSK1 Baseball Academy different from most competitive youth baseball teams is our commitment to development. SSK1 Baseball Academy players are expected to maintain solid standing in school, and are recognized for their academic achievements as well as their athletic achievements. Our players will participate in professionally organized MLB instructed practices that will stress fundamentals in a positive approach that lacks in youth baseball today.

Contact Info:

Scott Strickland 713-397-0866

ssk1baseball@yahoo.com — with Chrystie Farmer and 2 others.
                                Good Luck !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X