Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see some 60 yard groups.

Comment

Idk what too slow is, but the 563gr arrows off my longbow are only going 170ish fps, and I would not hesitate to shoot an elk with it!

Good luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        I only took a 500 grain arrow on my moose hunt.. I truly feel that from 430-500 grains is the sweet spot for any North American animal... In my opinion if you hit a bone that a 430 grain arrow wont go through then a 500 grain arrow wont go through it either. I think the broadhead choice, spine and tune is way more important. If your shooting a big mechanical with a flat blade angle that is going to penetrate less than a coc iron will.. If your arrow isnt flying true and is hitting the target at an angle that is going to affect penetration. Having a arrow with a spine that is too weak will allow more energy to be sucked up when it hits something hard..

Everyone wants a HEAVY arrow and then they quote the Ashby stuff.. What they fail to also put in there is the ashby stuff is truly heavy.. Like 650 grains.. And also must be accompanied by a single bevel broadhead.

Other than my moose hunt when I was shooting like 260 fps i set every bow up the same.. I set it up with an arrow that shoots 275-290 fps.. The arrow changes with each bow but I shoot for that number. Last year for elk,deer and antelope that arrow was a 300 spine pierce with a 100 grain head that ended up at 435 grains.. It blew through everything..

STOP OVERTHINGKING IT..
        Thank you for this information!

I am actually going on a moose and bear hunt in Canada at the end of the month. My arrows are 465 grains and flying at 305 through the chronograph. I am rolling with 100g Iron Wills. It's nice to see that I wasn't going in the wrong direction based upon your experience.

Comment

Michael, how are you liking the outserts on those kinetic pierce? I was a bit skeptical of them myself. What advantage do they give?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            Michael, how are you liking the outserts on those kinetic pierce? I was a bit skeptical of them myself. What advantage do they give?
            He's hunting right now!

Comment

I’ve never heard a customer complaint. It’s actually covers the half out insert. So, not really an outsert if you wanna be technical.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                I’ve never heard a customer complaint. It’s actually covers the half out insert. So, not really an outsert if you wanna be technical.
                Got pics?

Comment

Hopefully by the time he answers this it will be with some pics to back it up. They were in supposed to hike in to camp this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    So you like them?

Comment

Great set up. Heavy is good

Comment

Working...
                      X