No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one tonight on I-10, literally. Was west bound on I-10 near seguin about 9:30pm and someone lost a new all seasons out the bed of their truck in front of me. Luckily I had room around me to avoid it as it slid down the hwy. Hope nobody hit it as it didn’t quite make it all the way to the shoulder.
    Please strap down your loads!

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      One of my pet peeves with these is there’s no grommets where the wires feed through. I think I’m going to inspect mine now. I’ll add some shrink sleeve (Raychem) if needed.
      With my 2 new ones I am not going to bother with a grommet. Just going to caulk the hole. It's not much extra effort since I am also caulking the inside of the bin where the sheet metal for the funnel meets the walls since they aren't always flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Now that you have it off.....$3.50 ounce of 1/4" prevention plus zipties will remove any future possible headaches. I do all my wires in this anyway if not covered in metal conduit.

Amazing deals on this 1/4In X 14Ft Protective Wire Wrap at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Yep. Already got some and taking it with me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any idea what gauge metal they use on those feeders?

Comment

I pulled the trigger on one of these feeders on Saturday at the New Braunfels location.

One suggestion: remove the **** lid before taking off down the highway. I foolishly believed the little spring hooks would hold it on and they did not. Luckily, no one ran over it. Short of a 3" spring now being 18" wire, it's all good.

Here is the setup.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-12 13.58.13 (Custom).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	24595623

Comment

Oh, and the base supports will cut through a ratchet strap pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
                Any idea what gauge metal they use on those feeders?

I'd guess it's 18ga. It's pretty light, about like V-groove you'd get at Lowe's...

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  I pulled the trigger on one of these feeders on Saturday at the New Braunfels location.

One suggestion: remove the **** lid before taking off down the highway. I foolishly believed the little spring hooks would hold it on and they did not. Luckily, no one ran over it. Short of a 3" spring now being 18" wire, it's all good.

Here is the setup.
                  [ATTACH]975971[/ATTACH]
                  A coon or orangutan figured the springs out on one of the Bucees ASF's we put out this spring. The lid was on the ground our next trip up and spring mangled pretty good. (this was inside a feed pen)

A large/heavy rock on the lid now adorns mine as they do on the rest of my feeders.

Setup looks good BTW. Good luck to ya !

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    A coon or orangutan figured the springs out on one of the Bucees ASF's we put out this spring. The lid was on the ground our next trip up and spring mangled pretty good. (this was inside a feed pen)

A large/heavy rock on the lid now adorns mine as they do on the rest of my feeders.

Setup looks good BTW. Good luck to ya !
                    Yeah, I was thinking I needed to do a little more to keep that lid on. I'll look into this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      Oh, and the base supports will cut through a ratchet strap pretty quickly.

I bought 12 bags of corn with mine. The bags were tossed on the legs and a ratchet strap was over the top/lid. [emoji2373]

Comment

I've had to do more than a little work on mine. If you have hogs they'll get under it through the open ends without the cross braces. They were able to smash the chinsy wire cover and short out the motor and timer. I replaced the parts (asf supplied) and put a couple bars across there. Been good for few weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We had to replace a motor on one of the three we are running. It died of water damage. Water came pouring out when we pulled it.
                          We have now glued the wire holes shut and I drilled small holes in the lower plate of mine so that any water that finds it’s way on the plate can hopefully dribble out.

This one feeder has been plagued from the get go, same feeder we found the lid off of in the beginning. Same feeder we had to empty in order to raise the throw plate since it bottomed out and bound up. Hopefully this new motor and glue will cure its ills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine had the dreaded gap that everybody refers to. I put a very heavy bead of caulk in the gap and the hole that the wiring runs thru. So far, no issues, and its been going for about 3 months.

Comment

Asf ez-feeder

My original 3 year old feeder worked well in Bandera this last Friday! Got a low fence that TP&W aged at 6.5. You can still see the feeder in the background. 13 points and one was a 4.5” drop to center of beam.

Other 2 feeders have a ton of corn in the compartment. I’m waiting to run out of corn so I can seal them up. I got some caulk from ASF and a coon guard that I installed on Sunday with 2 sheet metal screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is operating really well but I forgot to plug the hole where the wires go through the timer/battery compartment down to the motor... Got about 2 pounds of corn in the compartment now... Will tape it up next trip. It's been going since early September...

One thing that concerns me is that every night I have a bunch of coons surrounding the feeder and reaching into the skinny gap where the corn is thrown out of... I don't see how they could possibly be reaching the impeller and as many coons are there are, if they really were spinning the impeller, it would have been empty in a week... Anyone else experiencing this??

Comment

Working...
                                X