Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      aoka tripod and neewer head

Nice I’m gonna check it out.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

aoka tripod and neewer head
        That's a nice setup. Might also take a look at the Smallrig Lightweight Fluid Head. The handle retracts to make it more compact.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1663149179_IMG_1674476.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	24705852

It is more expensive than the Neewer, which I really like as well. (I bought a couple of those for my wife/kids.)
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Midway has several different dehydrated meals for half price, right now.

Comment

Well guess i better get to buying some gear. First thing is new boots as I read most of the recommendations and was looking at the the Kenetrek Corrie and Crispi. I keep going back and forth on what I need and was hoping for some help.

I will be using these in the Brooks Range in August, yes that right 5 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              That's a nice setup. Might also take a look at the Smallrig Lightweight Fluid Head. The handle retracts to make it more compact.

[ATTACH]1119341[/ATTACH]

It is more expensive than the Neewer, which I really like as well. (I bought a couple of those for my wife/kids.)
              I like the look of this one a lot! I'm using a big heavy manfrotto for when I'm videoing whitetail hunts from my treestand or saddle, but this collapsible arm looks handy for packing in.

Comment

Here's what I used last season in NM. It's 2 lbs. On the nose and 58 inches fully extended with a spacer installed.

It's not the best at anything but really good for a light weight model.

I was most comfortable glassing from the seated position if it was more than a few minutes. For standing it's just a little too short for more than a few minutes. Shooting is good from kneeling to seated and prone.

https://www.leupold.com/alpine-cf-425-tripod-kitClick image for larger version

Name:	20221116_090943.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	24708617

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                  I will be using these in the Brooks Range in August, yes that right 5 months away.
                  And what will you be doing in the Brooks range? I'll be in the brooks range in August for a few weeks myself.

Comment

And what will you be doing in the Brooks range? I'll be in the brooks range in August for a few weeks myself.
                    chasing a white animal with a curl is the main objective. If goes well then a furry mean animal.

Comment

chasing a white animal with a curl is the main objective. If goes well then a furry mean animal.
                      You and I have the same August plans this year, but in different mountain ranges. Can't wait to hear the results of your hunt!

Comment

Well guess i better get to buying some gear. First thing is new boots as I read most of the recommendations and was looking at the the Kenetrek Corrie and Crispi. I keep going back and forth on what I need and was hoping for some help.

I got Crispis a few months ago and wear them around a good bit to help break them in. I would suggest trying on a few different ones and then wear them a lot as you don't have much time. LOL. Kenetrek is supposed to be very good as well I just could not find any to try on.

Comment

Sleeping bag question: Do you guys pack your bag in a stuff sack or just jam the bag into the bottom of your pack?

Comment

Jam.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                              Jam.
                              X2

Comment

I jam everything it helps from having void areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X