The Backcountry Gear Thread!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simek View Post
    I have spent many nights in a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. They have similar products at lower price points. You could also go the floorless super tarp route with something like the SG SKYAIR ULT 2 PERSON TARP TENT.

Good luck!

Comment

Settled on the Durston Xmid 1p for the tent. Pretty hard to find a bad thing said about it. Can run the fly only for lightweight tarp or the full double wall setup with stakes at 31oz. Price is great as well

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Settled on the Durston Xmid 1p for the tent. Pretty hard to find a bad thing said about it. Can run the fly only for lightweight tarp or the full double wall setup with stakes at 31oz. Price is great as well
        thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Interesting looking gizmo.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Interesting looking gizmo.
            Seems to have a pretty good following in the hiking community and some good things said on Rokslide as well. They just had two preorders and both sold out in 4 minutes. I missed on the first and snagged one on the second batch

Comment

I like the Xmid, just haven't been able to find them available. I use a tarp, but do not like the floorless shelter

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                I like the Xmid, just haven't been able to find them available. I use a tarp, but do not like the floorless shelter
                I was ready for the second batch preorder on Thursday. Refreshed right at 9am and was checked out in two minutes. Two minutes later they were gone. Crazy

Comment

Did you do the sign up on the dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                    Did you do the sign up on the dropbox?
                    Kaviso Outdoors. That’s the only spot the preorders were sold this month

Comment

The Backcountry Gear Thread!!!!!

Added some new gaiters also. Very impressed with these from Stone Glacier so far. Heavy lowers and light comfortable uppers. Adjustment is super easy and they’re actually tall enough to get up over my calves at 6’ 2”

Last edited by bphillips; 01-24-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                        I need this so bad
                        Cool cutting board.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          I am extremely way too excited about this purchase. Full tailgate cutting board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          The cutting board is a nice touch, but how do you like the bed organizer?

Comment

Just ordered a therm-a-rest neoair xtherm pad to pair with an EE Enigma Quilt. Got the pad for 25% off. Excited to use this system this upcoming fall of 2023, planning on spending about 20-25 nights in this system. Switching to this for a few different things to stay as light and mobile as possible.

Will be paired with my SO lil’ bug out and a nest when needed. Should be under 6 lbs total between tent/pole,stakes, pad, and bag.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              Just ordered a therm-a-rest neoair xtherm pad to pair with an EE Enigma Quilt. Got the pad for 25% off. Excited to use this system this upcoming fall of 2023, planning on spending about 20-25 nights in this system. Switching to this for a few different things to stay as light and mobile as possible.

Will be paired with my SO lil’ bug out and a nest when needed. Should be under 6 lbs total between tent/pole,stakes, pad, and bag.

Sounds like a good set up. What tent? Very similar to my set up also. I’ll have to take inventory and report back.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

I had to buy thst exact same pad in Bishop,CA during my PCT hike this year. My trusty Sea to Summit started to have mystery holes (most likely from sticky stuff in the desert) and once that happens, there’s no reeling it back in. The outfitter in Bishop only carried Therm-a-rest and since we were going into the Sierras for a big slog, I had to go with it. I found the pad to be very very comfortable, but it took considerable more time to inflate. Carry the repair kit. I actually got a hole in the Therm-a-rest on day three, but was able to patch it at a stream. I don’t blame the mattress for the quick hole, there’s no telling what caused it. Lots of EE quilts on trail. I am about to buy one that is for less extreme cold (40 degrees) and it will be super light I’m sure you’re going to have to go with something a bit more heavy for hunting in mountains.

Comment

Working...
                                X