Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Great job people like you make me sick. :-)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Ha! Thanks man! It's a sweet truck and the engine has got lots of life left.. were gonna fix a few issues and make it off road capable!..and on road too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
      Looking great! Keep us posted.
      Thanks TXTracker.. I will keep the pics going! Headed to the lease this weekend though!

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
        this is awesome.
        Thx OS Brandon! Its a super cool truck! Ive already had someone knock on the front door and make an offer on it..lol

Comment

We got back into the project about 2 weeks ago and knew getting into the floorboards was gonna stink. Started with a little 101+coke and off we went. Drilling and prying drilling and prying over and over. With rust the spot welds are very sneaky and sometimes hard to find. I had to go inspector holmes on the last one, you can see it hanging on with the blue arrow. I broke out the telescopic dental type mirror so i could see under the lip. For cutting the welds the blair spot weld cutter was so good. I highly recommend!

Comment

following ! awesome project !

Comment

FOLLOWING for sure!!! iv always wanted a comanche!! but most iv found in my area are in sub par condition..

since they acutally have a frame and not a unibody like most i think a V8 swap would be cool conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                following ! awesome project !
                Thanks TX8pt! More updates to come!

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
                  FOLLOWING for sure!!! iv always wanted a comanche!! but most iv found in my area are in sub par condition..

since they acutally have a frame and not a unibody like most i think a V8 swap would be cool conversion
                  Thx creekbtm02! They are out there but rarely without rust issues for a 25-30 yr old truck. If you scour craigslist and comancheclub they can be found and pop up occasionally. Just like the jeep xj, many many people have put a variety of engine swaps to the test. The guys on the popular bleepinjeeps youtube channel put an LS in their comanche but that rig is an extreme rock crawler. Personally, I'm good with the simple straight 6, 4.0.. it's got plenty of pep! I might search for a few more hp on year 2 or 3 of the project to compensate for steel bumpers and bigger tires etc but i'l be very reasonable about it. Thanks for checking it out!

Comment

Working on the Comanche again, continued grinding through the spot welds until my brother arrived. Then we took out the transfer case. Hoping to get a slip yoke eliminator kit installed

Comment

This weekend we put the floorboards on hold and dove into the transfer case. I had ordered the teraflex slip yoke eliminator and wanted to check that project off the list and give room for some minor rust restore on the transmission tunnel. We had a few hiccups on the way when we found it had needle bearings and we had to get those off, our 2 hr project turned to 5hr. No worries there though, my dad was smoking pork ribs in the background when we were done! Wooo!

Comment

Hows this coming along? cant wait for final product

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                          Hows this coming along? cant wait for final product
                          Thanks for following up! Ive sporadically been working on it.. working on floorpans now.. it's slow going cause i have no idea what I'm doing and overwhelmed a bit.. going to keep moving forward for sure though.. this is the hardest part of what we're doing so it should move a little faster once these are done!

Comment

Here's a few more pics

Comment

Dang its almost gonna be too nice too off road haha

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                                Dang its almost gonna be too nice too off road haha
                                Ha! Thanks for the confidence! I was actually just thinking about that.. it'll be road worthy and definitely trail capable.. if it was super clean i'd be hesitant but i dont love the paint job so I'm not scared of some mesquite pinstriping!

Comment

Working...
                                X