Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning for those of you who work out at a gym....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry my stuff in my gym bag. My gym bag stays with me at all times.

Comment

That's one of the reasons I quit that gym. That parking lot is sketch

I'm over at planet fitness down the road now and I take no chances there. Parking there in the morning offers a lot better visibility from inside the gym. They have a wall of lockers right in the main gym floor that are big enough for my brief case and such. I like knowing my wallet, gun, car keys and laptop are only a few feet away and not off in a locker room where anyone can pop the cheap lock hasp with a screwdriver.

Comment

So glad my office has a gym

Comment

Why would anybody leave anything in there vehicle parked anywhere?

It's not like crime is a new thing.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
            And yet another reason for me to not work out!
            For the win!

Comment

Happens pretty regular at the gym I go to in Sugar Land......and you can see the Police Station from the gym parking lot lol.

Comment

LA Fitness in Cypress on BW8 is bad also, multiple break ins there

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                  Don't gyms have lockers where you can store you wallet and stuff??
                  Mine was broken into a few years ago when they cut the lock off of my locker at the YMCA. Lost my smart keys and other things..

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                    Don't gyms have lockers where you can store you wallet and stuff??
                    A few years ago someone cut the lock off of my locker at the YMCA. Lost my smart keys and other things..

Comment

Happens a lot at the bigger gyms like Golds, LA, Lifetime etc

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                        A few years ago someone cut the lock off of my locker at the YMCA. Lost my smart keys and other things..
                        This is what scares me...I take all my stuff in and lock it in the locker at Planet Fitness. Obviously there are no cameras in the locker room but they do have a ton of cameras in the gym. Just wondering if they would be able to identify potential thieves based on the time of entry/exit and what they might be carrying. Still a long shot I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          What we have here folks.....is called a Learning Experience
                          I concur..
                          I hate a thief as much as anybody but DO NOT leave valuables in your vehicle.. Not even in your own driveway..
                          I learned the hard way myself $600 worth of fishing gear later...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            I concur..
                            I hate a thief as much as anybody but DO NOT leave valuables in your vehicle.. Not even in your own driveway..
                            I learned the hard way myself $600 worth of fishing gear later...
                            If people had any idea how often thieves looked into their vehicles they'd be astonished. My guess is that police could easily fill the jails by just staking out one large parking lot. A few years ago, my brother was having a tough time sleeping, and looked out of his window to see a guy checking cars on his street. He snuck out and tackled the guy (not very smart) and his girlfriend (who had been driving their car) started beating on my brother. Nobody woke up and called the cops, and they eventually got away. In the rear seat of the perp's car, he could see a little girl of maybe 2 years old. I'm always looking when I drive or walk through parking lots, but I've never seen anyone in the act. I guess they get good at it or they get caught. It just ****** me off to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              If people had any idea how often thieves looked into their vehicles they'd be astonished. My guess is that police could easily fill the jails by just staking out one large parking lot. A few years ago, my brother was having a tough time sleeping, and looked out of his window to see a guy checking cars on his street. He snuck out and tackled the guy (not very smart) and his girlfriend (who had been driving their car) started beating on my brother. Nobody woke up and called the cops, and they eventually got away. In the rear seat of the perp's car, he could see a little girl of maybe 2 years old. I'm always looking when I drive or walk through parking lots, but I've never seen anyone in the act. I guess they get good at it or they get caught. It just ****** me off to no end.
                              Yep. It's a huge problem.. I caught a couple of meth heads stealing my neighbors UPS shipment a few months back.. It was in the middle of the day on a Wednesday.. Busted them red handed!!!!!

Comment

A bunch of jack wagon hooligans. We need public punishment and humiliation. If parents aren’t going to raise kids right the court square should be the discipline grounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X