Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a digital drivers license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a digital drivers license?

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    as a cop I would not accept it,, I want the drivers license in my hand,, also the license is basically on loan to you,, because it can easily be seized or taken.... bad idea from the very thought.....

Accept what? You have to accept it in LA as a form of ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 07-14-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

as a cop I would not accept it,, I want the drivers license in my hand,, also the license is basically on loan to you,, because it can easily be seized or taken.... bad idea from the very thought.....
      Pleading ignorance here, but if my license is suspended, it remains in my possession, it just shows up in your system as invalid/suspended, correct?

How is this any different?

Again I’m not for the concept, certainly would not voluntarily participate

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        Accept what? You have to accept it in LA as a form of ID.

i live and worked in texas,,,, and la is not known for the most thought out laws either

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Pleading ignorance here, but if my license is suspended, it remains in my possession, it just shows up in your system as invalid/suspended, correct?

How is this any different?

Again I’m not for the concept, certainly would not voluntarily participate
          the license can be and is frequently seized,,, think about that with your phone

Comment

i live and worked in texas,,,, and la is not known for the most thought out laws either

I love it. I can go to the gym and not leave my wallet in the truck or carry it around with me. I ran to the store today and forgot me wallet and I paid with Apple Pay and had my id if I needed.

Comment

the license can be and is frequently seized,,, think about that with your phone
              Well if it is content found in an app the admin of the app (state) has the ability to remove content, actually probably more easily and efficiently than “seizing” a physical DL not to mention the app could use location services making the whereabouts of a known suspect pretty easy to locate.

But you make a good point about the users of this app crossing state lines and the validity of an electronic ID in other states

Comment

Working...
              X