Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Have you ever sold/given away something you regretted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be about to go down this path.

A '69 Mustang Fastback. 302/2v, manual 3-speed, 2.88 rear end, Iridescent Jade green. Nothing fancy.

The car was bought new, by an older lady. Don't ask me why. After a few weeks, she rear-ended someone, and took the car back to the dealer, claiming "this car is dangerous". The only damage was the front of the hood, and the dealer fixed it.

At that time, my grandfather was looking for a car for his son to take to college. He bought the Mustang for $2K, with less than 3K miles on it. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it, at age 10.

I got lucky, and I got the Mustang for my 18th birthday, then drove it for the next five years. I wrecked it on black ice in Denton, then we parked it in a pasture.

Fast-forward to 1998, and I start rebuilding it, into a street-legal, open-track race car.

Fast-forward to July 2018, and I start the process of selling the car. Here is a vid, where I start the process of cleaning up a car that has been stored for two years.

After two years sitting in the garage, I roll out the '69 fastback to start cleaning it up.First thing to do, is start the engine.More vids to follow, after ...

Will I regret it? Probably, but . . .

Comment

There's a Robertson Stykbow Purist out there somewhere with my name on it that I traded away. I killed the black bear in my avatar with it. Someone may have bought it from Bison Gear Online around 2007. I'd love to have that back.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        That model 53 is hard to come by these days.. what a pistol.. and cartridge!
        Yep, but an ear splitter, just like its daddy !

Comment

Yes! My first real gun...…(1975)…...a SAVAGE .410 single shot that I got when I was 11. I found one about 3 years ago and paid quadruple to put it back into my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
            With 100 responses you would think that someone has regretted selling their property before
            One of my places is for sale right now, and I miss it already, but....it has to be.

Comment

Had one of the first sendero’s ever made in 25-06 and traded it for a $ 600 pistol bout 7years ago

I’ve done a lot of stupid things but that ranks right up there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Savage 20Ga single shot I had when I was a kid!

Comment

I hear ya. I have been holding onto property simply because of the fear of regret. Lol

Comment

1974 k5 blazer.... man I miss that truck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Still kick myself for letting this boat go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger carbine 44mag. I regret not buying some land years ago.

Comment

Multiple guns, multiple cars, and my Hobie Outback kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                            Savage 20Ga single shot I had when I was a kid!
                            My brother had that gun. It was stolen out of his truck in the 90's. I bought a replacement one and keep it with my single shot .410 Savage.
                            Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            One of my places is for sale right now, and I miss it already, but....it has to be.
                            Where bouts? Size?

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are people on this site that have given their opinions and then regretted it... then again, maybe not...

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                                With 100 responses you would think that someone has regretted selling their property before
                                Bedias Creek Ranch. My wife and kids are still mad and I regret it everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X