No announcement yet.

Fireworks Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated them, when I lived in a small subdivision, but now that I live in the same hood as Curt, I don’t mind the rich Mexicans.

And don’t give me this I get up early for work BS, because I’m willing to bet no one gets up earlier to go to work than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I hated them, when I lived in a small subdivision, but now that I live in the same hood as Curt, I don’t mind the rich Mexicans.

And don’t give me this I get up early for work BS, because I’m willing to bet no one gets up earlier to go to work than I do.

So Justin, I know you go in earlier than I do but what time do you get off work... I know it's a "little" earlier than 715pm per our past conversations and sorry, but we do 2 entirely different jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        No no this is the only plausible response .

All lighters of the wick should be ready to purchase new homes!!

Smh
        So, if I light MY fireworks and happen to burn your house down, you're cool with it? I need your address so I can shoot some. Too dry where I live. ��
        Last edited by oktx; 07-04-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
          So Justin, I know you go in earlier than I do but what time do you get off work... I know it's a "little" earlier than 715pm per our past conversations and sorry, but we do 2 entirely different jobs.

I’m out of the bed by 2am, in my office by 3 and don’t leave before 1pm, depending on if I have to route a route that day or have a meeting.

10 hour min, and there are days I don’t do much other than answer the phone and review DOT logs, but their are days I unload trailers full of groceries. It’s all relative I guess.

Comment

I used to be that person who would order pallets of fireworks. Have to fill out a ATF form to get them delivered to your house. I would raise hell a lot of nights at 2:30am (time to get home from the bar). That was 15 years ago so not sure if you can still order like that.

Kids changed all that. Now I don't care if neighbors shoot them but hope they stop by 11pm. This aging man needs to get some sleep before the 3 yr old wakes me up by 8am.

Comment

Translation. I used to hate them, but Curt likes them, so now I like them too

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                Translation. I used to hate them, but Curt likes them, so now I like them too

No, actually I live so far in the back I don’t hear them. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

No, actually I live so far in the back I don’t hear them. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well then this comment here makes the comment below irrelevant...

Comment

I can sleep through the apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      I used to be that person who would order pallets of fireworks. Have to fill out a ATF form to get them delivered to your house. I would raise hell a lot of nights at 2:30am (time to get home from the bar). That was 15 years ago so not sure if you can still order like that.

Kids changed all that. Now I don't care if neighbors shoot them but hope they stop by 11pm. This aging man needs to get some sleep before the 3 yr old wakes me up by 8am.
                      Seen some peculiar things at times being shipped by freight to retail stores. The truck drivers would sometimes point out the odd shipments. These were not stores that sold fireworks of any kind. Think big box type retail. Must’ve been a manager ordering things for himself and using the store as a cover. How else would a person get by with it?

Comment

Fireworks , only with safety glasses, crash helmet and full storm trooper body armor...
                        Seriously the older I get the earlier we stop and I never hear them after I go to sleep.

Years of loud guns, engines and music for fireworks to wake me.

Comment

I hear gunfire nightly, so some fireworks don't phase me. I'd probably call the sheriff to do a welfare check if I DIDNT hear my neighbors shooting most nights.

Comment

I just think they are dumb. I dont want to hear them after 10:30 or 11. They are illegal here but they get used.
                            It's a couple times a year so really it's no big deal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              We don't typically pop fireworks, but I'd be happy to loan out my come-a-long if any of you would like to remove the stick from your ***. It's fireworks for Lord's sake. In the city, in the county or in the country....they're supposed to be fun. Lighten up, Francis. It happens twice a year and people are actually celebrating life.
                              This

With that being said, clean up your mess!
                              Last edited by skeeter; 07-04-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Guess my ability to sleep through anything is a gift! When I go to sleep you could set off fireworks outside my bedroom window and I wouldn't roll over. Lol. Blast away no complaints from me!

Comment

Working...
                                X