Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    For you guys on the fence.....Amazon has a sale for $35 on the Firtfort today.... It has all the accessories as well. I am almost positive the the base connections are compatible with GoPro in my reading at looking at what I have today..

https://www.amazon.com/FITFORT-Water...+4k+case&psc=1
    Does this camera have a zoom feature that can be controlled through the app? Also, is there a way to attach it to a tree or limb?

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
      Does this camera have a zoom feature that can be controlled through the app? Also, is there a way to attach it to a tree or limb?

No zoom . There is a clip attachment

Comment

I picked up these attachments. If you can't figure out how to attach it with this, then it can't be done.

Hoggslayer

Comment

No zoom . There is a clip attachment
          You mentioned earlier you planned to use this for turkey once they get into the decoys, will you use it for deer as well? I'm wondering if you'll have to setup multiple cameras to cover different shooting lanes since there's not a zoom function.

Comment

That’s a great idea! Did it help much? I’d rather have the case on for protection anyway
            I haven't check to see if it helped yet. I'll try to test it later today and get back with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              How good is the video stabilization when filming while moving and vibrations?
              Mine seems to work good. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on the ones I was thinking about buying. I paid a little more for mine, around 85.

Comment

You mentioned earlier you planned to use this for turkey once they get into the decoys, will you use it for deer as well? I'm wondering if you'll have to setup multiple cameras to cover different shooting lanes since there's not a zoom function.

It will be sitting on the ground just outside my dekes and if I use it deer hunting it will be on the backside of the feeder somewhere facing my blind... But I haven't even considered where for that yet. Most of the guys I see use them wait it out unto the deer gets in a decent position around the camera. If it doesn't line up no big deal..I'll shoot anyway.

Turkey bowhunting was the primary reason for the purchase....and the last two years of hunting with their 3/4 strut jakes the Toms usually go straight to them and face them up so it'll be an easy set.....hopefully..

First of these is me recording a Tom at my dekes after I went and found another one I had shot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwg5EWthKY&t=47s"]Texas Tom beats up Dakota jake decoy - YouTube[/ame]

GoPros footage I saw on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1EoYOE6rY"]GoPro Turkey Hunt 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlPyOr4qJTA"]GoPro Turkey Hunt 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-CHkWYKDgk&t=6s"]GoPro Turkey Hunt - YouTube[/ame]

And if I really wanted to get up close and personal..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-ohErZViQ"]Amazing GOPRO Turkey Hunt- KILLER CAM - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  I picked up these attachments. If you can't figure out how to attach it with this, then it can't be done.

Hoggslayer

Nice set! Thanks for posting that..

Comment

Weird question, but how high does the tripod extend?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      Weird question, but how high does the tripod extend?

In that pic of the accessories...it does not. Its a mini octopus tripod meant to wrap around stuff.

Comment

Nice set! Thanks for posting that..
                        About the only thing it didn't come with was duct tape.

Comment

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Hahaha nvr mind I was using the wrong App....

I was using my stealth cam app EZ Icam....and it would not connnect. Works like a champ now with XDV app
                          Last edited by Smart; 02-06-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

Hoggslayer
                            Looks like an assortment of "adult" toys.

I might need to order that. Lol.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good news for those with a Fitfort and are just looking to mount the camera in a set place for a hunt.....you can hook an external battery up to it via the charging cable and it lasts much longer than the tiny batteries it comes with. I'm going to test it this week and see just how long my external lasts. The only one I have is a 10,000 mah right now compared to 1050mah for the actual camera batteries. That should get me plenty of hunt time with wifi on to toggle on and off. Gonna need to buy a separate case to drill out volume and the charger access if they don't have one already available.

While I got yall here. Anybody know how to cut the **** dinging off when you turn it on. Can't find it and some of the videos on you tube say its doable but none never show how. Directions don't say anything either.

Comment

There was a setting on the Apeman to cut this sound off. It was a booger to find bit its there.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Working...
                                X