2 Gringos chupacabra rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint View Post
    I’ll have to try the new poultry blend. I’ve been mixing the Cajun and original blend 50/50 and placing pretty well at a few small cook offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That poultry seasoning is the good stuff. They got a new one out called Special Blend and I prefer it over their original on pork. I get mine at Wilson county meat market.

Comment

Just bought some Chupacabra the other day for the first time, I like it. As mentioned earlier, the HEB's here in Round Rock carry it. I also like Uncle Chris' steak seasoning and Gordon's Grub Rub. They sell all three at our local HEB's. Gordon's Grub Rub is hard to beat, try it if you haven't.

There is a recipe that I want to try really bad. I saw this on a some guys from Texas who make video's on YouTube. They seem kinda weird, lots of beer drinking, a little hunting, whatever. Point is, they took jalapenos, cut the tops off, and hollowed them out. They mixed chorizo and cream cheese together and stuffed, then wrapped them in bacon. Basically just another take on jalapeno poppers, only theirs were whole stuffed jalapenos rather than cut in half like they traditionally are. They sprinkled Chupacabra on them b/f putting them on the pit. They looked awesome when they pulled them and they said the secret is the chorizo and Chupacabra seasoning. Who knows, I know I'm gonna give them a shot whenever I can find me one of those metal stands that you can put the whole jalapenos in so they can be cooked standing up.

Comment

Got turned on to it about 3yrs ago. Been hooked ever since!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Will try them................

Comment

Im a fan too. Seems we run out fast. Then you really notice how good it was before u used it all

Comment

Love chupacabra, I put that stuff on everything

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                Got introduced to it down South hunting and we are hooked. Had to pick some up and bring it to my buddies place in Costa Rica. It's all we use now. We had to explain that to United while checking in!
                Anybody else willing to bring some down will get a free nights stay

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckfu View Post
                  Anybody else willing to bring some down will get a free nights stay
                  Free nights stay where?

Comment

We did blacked trout with their Cajun seasoning tonight and boy was it good had a good amount of heat to it.

Comment

I like it a lot and it has a slight citrus flavor compared to what I normally use. I have been using Camp Boss for years as my main spice on meat and in pinto beans. Camp Boss started here in Portland and then the dad passed away. The son took it over and messed it up with MSG. My buddy in Sinton bought the recipe from the mom and has been making it ever since. It can be ordered from the Picket Fence in Sinton, Texas or online. Good stuff on eggs, beans, popcorn and every kind of meat.

Comment

ran out of my brisket rub and didnt feel like mixin up a new batch so I bought some of the brisket rub at HEB...
                        its good... wife is a brisket snob..and she liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          Will try them................
                          Just bought 200 bags of nuts for our customers. Will see how it goes....

Comment

Which rub for pork and brisket? Regular chupa or brisket magic?

Comment

yeh i tried the brisket magic.

Comment

Try the chips.....just saying! They will change your life!!

Comment

Working...
                                X