• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong, think harder

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      Wrong, think harder
      I tend to agree with the other Kevin. The shooter is just going to appear and begin shooting. He will not share his plan. I guess it just depends on how close your vehicle is to the exit you take, if you can still take the exit once the shooter begins shooting.

None of us know the scenario, including you. Probably even the theoretical active shooter doesn't know the scenario.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can get to your truck aren't you technically considered safe? If I was to get there and still felt like I should shoot the person shootin people up I'd have me a shotgun or a rifle. I ain't takin no stupid pistol to a gun fight unless I have to.

Plus the legal ramifications of that might not be what you'd expect.
        Last edited by okrattler; 06-30-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

We can carry concealed or not. Concealed when around customers

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            You might be right. He did not say there was a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, or a 51% sign.

And 30-06 & 30-07 are misdemeanors, I can afford that ticket....

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
              Wrong, think harder
              You've always been an abrasive *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                My company does not allow firearms or weapons in the office , but I have 2 pistolas in my truck about 50 feet away. They won’t do me any good if I can’t get to them, but.....I can stab them with my letter opener to buy time!
                Using your "Get off my lawn" voice say "Get out of this office!" ANd you should be ok

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                Working at Walmart we are not allowed to carry either. Every quarter they have a mandatory training video about active shooters called A.D.D. (Avoid, Deny, Defend). I simply call it kiss your *** goodbye training video. I can't carry at work due to company policy, but hey I have the right to defend myself though. From where we have to park to where I work in the store is almost a quarter mile away so even with a gun in my car it's useless. My only hope is that one of you are packing while shopping or I can get out a fire exit before the active shooter gets anywhere near where I am working at the time.
                Just hide under a fat person. Shouldn't be hard to find at Wal-Mart

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                Dude you are so right! I imagine it would work like this...
                “Please sir, stop shooting for just a moment so I can venture forth to my car for a suitable weapon to return fire power. Good day, sir”

I guess in some really weird scenario a gun in the car could help, but most likely that gun in your car will end in criminal hands before it gets used in a personal defense scenario at the office. And that’s a fact.
                Wonder how many guns have been stolen from guys trucks just on TBH versus TBH members who actually used a gun in any scenario to help a person.

Comment

A few years ago there was a school shooter who was stoped by a coach who had a gun in his truck

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    A few years ago there was a school shooter who was stoped by a coach who had a gun in his truck
                    Yep. A weapon in a truck is still better than no weapon in a truck.

Comment

XDS 45 on me all the time, 16” AR with 3 mags leaning against my desk at the office and a 18” with 4 mags in the truck.

The church shooting made me realize that you need a long gun in your truck with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All you or I need is to constantly be around a Marine/Retired ex-colleague of mine. He has it "covered" on his "person" and in his Range Rover...long and short equalizers.

As corny or evasive as it may sound...defense of myself, family and property is a private thing. I don't want ANYONE to know what I have or am prepared to do. Personally...I don't participate in "open carry," would rather be a surprise to those who would do me and mine harm. Stay safe and be vigilant!

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          I have some mixed feelings on this quote that has been all over the place since this tragedy took place but what it boils down to, at least for me, is I know what I will be doing should I ever be in that position. I wont be praying under a desk hoping he doesnt come my way.
                          Makes me think of what a LEO told me when discussing church safety---"Your body can't go where you mind has not been before" meaning you have to think through all the "what if?" scenarios before you find yourself in the situation.

Comment

Being armed and ready is as much a mental aspect as a physical one. I tend think it's better to have and not need than need and not have. On one hand I hope I never have to be in that position. On the other I hope if I'm in the position I am prepared.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Makes me think of what a LEO told me when discussing church safety---"Your body can't go where you mind has not been before" meaning you have to think through all the "what if?" scenarios before you find yourself in the situation.

There is definitely truth to that. Any good LEO spends his/her entire shift going through the “what if” scenarios as they drive to the next call. It helps prepare them for what actually plays out.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X