X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    You gotta be alive to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's true but if I was to get caught at work being armed I would be fired and lose my income and benefits. Not worth the risk at 55. I still have a 15 yo to put through college. If I'm killed insurance and benefits take care of my family. Still gonna stab the a hole in the neck if I get a chance though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea its a very bad feeling being a grown man(with a CHL)and not being able to carry because someone tells you that you cannot.. Sucks!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm.

Comment

I’d rather explain to my wife why I got fired rather than explain to her why I got killed

I’ve worked for 2 employers both had no gun policies, both required me to travel. One I advised them that I WOULD be carrying when conducting company business which required travel. The other I offices out of my house and travelled alone by car to visit clients. Figured what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them. I had to stay in some rat holes at times.

Comment

Just carry a Hi-Point. If a supervisor finds it on you or at your desk tell them it’s fake. If they aren’t convinced by its appearance just take it and smash it on the ground 5or 6 times and then ask. Would I do that to a real gun.

Guess I could have just said carry a hi-point

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            What about the new SIG that come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I have zero knowledge of that one. I just stick with what I know and trust that works for me.

Comment

Sadly .. after we relocated our office to downtown from Sugar Land, carrying is prohibited and keeping one in the car is highly discouraged as well.

I’ll have to look up what “discouraged” means one of these days.

Comment

Working at Walmart we are not allowed to carry either. Every quarter they have a mandatory training video about active shooters called A.D.D. (Avoid, Deny, Defend). I simply call it kiss your *** goodbye training video. I can't carry at work due to company policy, but hey I have the right to defend myself though. From where we have to park to where I work in the store is almost a quarter mile away so even with a gun in my car it's useless. My only hope is that one of you are packing while shopping or I can get out a fire exit before the active shooter gets anywhere near where I am working at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  If they get me, it won't be for lack of shootin back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  If they get me, I hope I have done serious damage to my hearing!

Comment

You know the stickers on the door of a lot of businesses that has the pistol with the bar through it to show that weapons are prohibited? There's just a sticker of a pistol on the door where I work. If you walk though that door with intentions of causing anyone harm you'll be dead instantaneously. Ask the last guy that walked into a place in Oklahoma and started shooting people how that worked out for him.....it didn't. He's dead as a hammer now.

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                      rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6 !!
                      Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                        Smallest is probably one of the little NAA mini revolvers but not really that effective, behind that would be the ruger LCP. Dang thing disappears quick if your a bigger guy with a good holster in your front or back pocket.
                        I have the NAA Black Widow 22 Mag. Good sights and grips. I can shoot a paper plate at 20 yards every time. If I don't kill it the noise alone will scare it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                          Won't do you much good in the truck.
                          Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          How does a gun in your truck help? Since Texas passed open carry, my office decided to not allow handguns (concealed or not). Sucks, but you follow the law or don’t.
                          How do u know the scenario? How do u know a gun in a truck wont help? thats right you dont!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            So what happens if I hypothetically keep a gun locked in a drawer at my desk. Some crazy mofo comes in and starts blazing, and hypothetical gun gets pulled out and the shooter is disposed of.

Do you really think they would fire you? Do you not think that if they did let you go, that your story could garner enough interest to get you another job?
                            Well, hypothetically, you would still be alive to find another job, if needed.

Comment

My boss prefers us to carry where ever we go and I've never felt safer having an office full of armed coworkers like myself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                                How do u know the scenario? How do u know a gun in a truck wont help? thats right you dont!!!!
                                Dude you are so right! I imagine it would work like this...

“Please sir, stop shooting for just a moment so I can venture forth to my car for a suitable weapon to return fire power. Good day, sir”

I guess in some really weird scenario a gun in the car could help, but most likely that gun in your car will end in criminal hands before it gets used in a personal defense scenario at the office. And that’s a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X