Learn me about Nitro boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Man, as good as you are at working on stuff...I'd go back about 10 years on a Skeeter/Ranger/Triton, save some dough, and put a little work in on it.
    Outboard problems scare me. I grew up fishing on POS boats and I don't think we ever went to the lake and had the motor run right.....almost dreaded even going because I knew my dad was going to be throwing something !

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
      For $40-$45k, you can get a lot of boat in any brand tournament ready. That should get you a top tier 21ft boat that's a couple years old that is ready to hit the water with power poles and electronics included. Good Luck!
      I'm not paying cash for it and not sure how banks look at used boats. The NADA guides I have been looking at don't seem to make any sense and the prices that are shown are WAY less than what folks are asking for boats.

I went into this wanting another Champion but lo and behold they don't make them anymore.

Comment

There are some nice boats on TFF right now in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          Outboard problems scare me. I grew up fishing on POS boats and I don't think we ever went to the lake and had the motor run right.....almost dreaded even going because I knew my dad was going to be throwing something !
          I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. But outboards are a lot different these days, especially the 4 strokes...much more reliable. Boats in general are better designed and built that they were even 15 years ago.

Good luck.

Comment

To be honest if you rig a nitro the same as a top tier boat the prices are not that much different. Bass pro packages them cheaper with smaller engines, tiny depthfinders, smaller trolling motors, etc. to make the package price more appealing. The triton patriot or the skeeter ZX series for example are all within 3,000 off each other same with nitro z 20 rigged the same. The nitro has made improvements over the last 5 years. I don't own one. If I was going to buy one, the only one I would consider is the Z21. I like the compartment layout the best. I own a skeeter Fx21 that was 3 years old when purchased and only paid 34,000 plus the title fees at the Texas Parks and Wildlife office. If you are not in a rush the prices are a little lower come November and December on newer used boats. Just have the owner take it to a dealer of your choice for a dianostic check on the engine. I would only consider an engine with fewer than 250 hours

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              There are some nice boats on TFF right now in that price range.
              This.

For the price range, you can get A TON of value for what you're buying. Heck, my fishing partner from college bought a 2005 Zx225 in good condition, came with dual power poles, and lowrance hds 12 at the bow and console along with other tournament upgrades. And got it all for 20k.

I would be looking at a used skeeter or Phoenix from Fun N Sun in Hurst if I had that kind of budget.

Personally the Nitro are priced for what they're worth, their trailers are garbage, quality control sucks and a few other things that reflect in the resale.

I would not hesitate to buy a 10 year old Ranger, skeeter or a champion for the right deal.

Comment

I tried hard to make myself buy a Nitro...

Ended up with a Skeeter ZX250

I am very happy with the decision and we are using the fire out of itClick image for larger version

Name:	A4B66016-1A35-43AD-8195-F69DA051CBC7.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	24543637

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  $40-$45
                  You can get a nice rigged out boat for that. Look at TFF, Impactfishing(bass cats) skeeter owner page on FB, bass cat owner page on FB. Several places to look besides a dealer.

A brand new ZX200 is $47K
                  Last edited by Jaybo31; 06-28-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

175gr7.62, Looks like you're in ETX, take a weekend and hit up Lake Fork. Not only are there all kinds of boats for sale out that way but most all the guys fishing will gladly talk to you on Pros and Cons and you can get a good idea of what you like first hand.

Comment

Boats for sale

Comment

skeeter.

Comment

If you want a Champion look at the new Chargers it is a Champion Hull Sweet looking Rides !!

Comment

We were in your same situation a couple years ago, but with about half of your budget. My roots are with Champion, and we got a pretty dang nice 2007 Champion that we love. That's actually the only brand I looked for. For your budget, you can get a HECK of a nice used boat.

Comment

Everybody Compares their boat to a ranger.

Comment

It's been some years since I spent a lot of time in a lot of new bass boats...but Rangers have always been a little overrated for my money.

Rather have a Skeeter over any, and a Bass Cat, Gambler, and probably Triton for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X