No announcement yet.

Learn me about Nitro boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant speak for the nitro but I have owned a tracker which is the same company. I will never own another one. Unless you are dead set on a glass boat , there is a lot of value in the newer aluminum rigs. I think express has some rated for up to 200 horses. The ride is not as good as some of the glass boats but it is better than some I have been on.
    Last edited by doright; 06-28-2018, 12:53 PM. Reason: hit send to quick

Comment

yes.. they are that bad. like mentioned before.. get an older quality brand, before buying a newer nitro.

Comment

I know some ppl were scared that the quality of the Rangers would go down since Bass Pro bought them out a few years ago, who also owns Nitro, but I havent researched much on that lately.

Comment

I just got a 2018 Z18 in April....LOVING IT!!! I opted for the 150 4 stroke & dual axle trailer with trailer brakes & no touch Vortex hub lubrication system with 6yr/100,000 mile maintenance free hubs. Their new "rapid planning system" is awesome. Motor is so quiet while idling I actually tried to start it again a couple times.

My brother had a 90's model Nitro with the "tracker" branded motor - night and day difference!

Official boat of Major League Fishing...good enough for me!

Comment

But if you’re going to purchase used go with Ranger Champion are Bass Cat All three are Made super solid!!

Comment

You’ll lose the 10-12k at resale and own a piece of crap boat with a matching piece of crap trailer. Why do you think they’re so cheap? Hint...crap!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                You’ll lose the 10-12k at resale and own a piece of crap boat with a matching piece of crap trailer. Why do you think they’re so cheap? Hint...crap!!
                A little more to the point than i was lol but this exactly. Research the resale values.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  I need to find one of those that have lost their butt on them then. Even the 2 year old boats are only $8-9k cheaper than new !

Comment

Find a 2011 or newer ZX250 or FX21 with a 4 stroke SHO and you'll be happy. The Ranger 521 series are sweet to!
                    Last edited by Fmjag64; 06-28-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      Find a 2011 or newer ZX250 or FX21 with a 4 stroke SHO and you'll be happy. The Ranger 521 series are sweet to!
                      This is what I would recommend

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        Are the others $10-12K better? I can tighten screws and glue carpet down for a lot less than that? I'm more worried about structural stuff. I can fix bilge pump stuff, I don't feel like pulling the top off a bass boat though.
                        Yes they are better. Things will start coming apart. What price range are you looking to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                          I need to find one of those that have lost their butt on them then. Even the 2 year old boats are only $8-9k cheaper than new !
                          Yes sir they’re higher than giraffe butt

Comment

Originally posted by jaybo31 View Post
                            yes they are better. Things will start coming apart. What price range are you looking to spend?
                            $40-$45

Comment

Man, as good as you are at working on stuff...I'd go back about 10 years on a Skeeter/Ranger/Triton, save some dough, and put a little work in on it.

Comment

For $40-$45k, you can get a lot of boat in any brand tournament ready. That should get you a top tier 21ft boat that's a couple years old that is ready to hit the water with power poles and electronics included. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X