Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Where are bass fishermen going in such a hurry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
    Guys, I'm a Bass fisherman, and i have a BB that will run mid 70's, and yes i drive it this fast when i need to and conditions allow, and i can do it safely. the comment made by the OP was also people Buzzing Their boat, I have no time for this and I'm sure most other boaters would agree as this is dangerous behavior. But this works both ways, i have been almost run over several times while sitting on an offshore spot fishing, pleasure boaters want to Buzz fishermen for some reason. I think everyone one on the water needs to be courteous to one another and respect distances.
    Yep. Im not a bass fisherman, and my boat is usually the worst looking/slowest one on the water but it works both ways, have seen it on both sides. On Conroe the jetskiers and skiers/wakeboarders/tubers are the largest problem IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      In all my years of bass fishing, I never have seen a speed limit sign.
      I have seen them under bridges. I guess to keep wake/wave action down to reduce erosion of pilings maybe? Or just safety, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Yep. Im not a bass fisherman, and my boat is usually the worst looking/slowest one on the water but it works both ways, have seen it on both sides. On Conroe the jetskiers and skiers/wakeboarders/tubers are the largest problem IMO.
        I spend alot of time there and the skiers drive me nuts. Last time I was there they were doing donuts just outside the no wake bouy at scotts ridge. Peoples boat were getting slammed againest the sea wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t own a boat, and don’t fish much, I’m just amazed that some boats will and some people will drive them at 70+ on the water! That’s moving very fast on water. To each his own I guess, but I would be nervous running over 50 on the East Texas lakes I do spend some time on because of submerged stumps

Comment

Working...
          X