X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
    Same here. I've been waiting for four years to get back for the

trifecta.

<---------- But next year with BM coming open, I can wait. The right one from Harris, the left one from BM.

So what you’re telling me is we are going to be best friends next year!? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked #3

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

So are they going to possibly shut down all three hunt segments, or does this just pertain to segment A for now?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          So are they going to possibly shut down all three hunt segments, or does this just pertain to segment A for now?
          Just segment A for now.

Comment

Just segment A

Comment

What were the options in her email??

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                What were the options in her email??

Would like to see the options as well, may need the same decision for segment B.

Comment

Option 1: Continue the hunt as planned and hope the water recedes.
                  Option 2: Continue the hunt as planned and open the Godwin Unit in addition to Goode, Meyers and Harris. We are not considering opening Big Mineral because it is already flooding and access is extremely limited.
                  Option 3: Cancel the Segment A hunt and all hunters drawn this segment, will hunt Segment A next year. You will not need to reapply and of course there will be no additional cost.

Comment

I’m I the only one that thinks the high water will concentrate the deer on high ground?? The deer should be easily to locate. May have to walk a little further to get there but finding the deer should be easier by far.

Comment

[QUOTE=NelsonV;13704336]I’m I the only one that thinks the high water will concentrate the deer on high ground?? The deer should be easily to locate. May have to walk a little further to get there but finding the deer should be easier by far.

and concentrate the hunters as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                        I’m I the only one that thinks the high water will concentrate the deer on high ground?? The deer should be easily to locate. May have to walk a little further to get there but finding the deer should be easier by far.

I don’t think that’s the problem. It will be less acreage to hunt and it will be even more crowded.

Comment

If you saw the flood maps you wouldn't want to hunt it, most of the cover will be under water, mostly the open fields and hills left. Then you throw all those hunters on a 50% reduced playing field and those deer are going to be pushed off onto private land.

Comment

If I was in A, I'd vote for Option 3 as well. Hope we don't have the same for Segment B.

Comment

It’s a crap shoot either way. Besides the flooding, the weather looks to be perfect for this year. You never know what next years weather will be like.

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo View Post
                                It’s a crap shoot either way. Besides the flooding, the weather looks to be perfect for this year. You never know what next years weather will be like.

Going on an adventure!
                                Meh... big mineral
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 10-16-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X