No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the day wandering around the units. Found a lot of rub and one that was the biggest I have ever seen. It was fresh. I know where I'll be hunting.

Comment

Was out there all day yesterday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Can't wait.

Comment

good luck guys

Comment

99% packed, a few odds and end tomorrow along with a trip to the bank and I'm outta here! Got the itch that I can only scratch with 36 hours in the stand over 3 days.

Comment

I went scouting today and while walking a main trail, I seen a spike in front of me that was headed towards private land. He saw me, blew, and turned back into the woods on public. I noticed a couple white tails flagging and running along with him but couldn’t tell what they were. I waited about 5 minutes and decided to follow the same path the deer did along a creek. I walked for a few minutes and started hearing deer blowing and thought well I didn’t wait long enough. Then two spikes ran right at me with a big 170”+ shooter chasing them. They ran right in front of me like at 10 yards. It was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
              I went scouting today and while walking a main trail, I seen a spike in front of me that was headed towards private land. He saw me, blew, and turned back into the woods on public. I noticed a couple white tails flagging and running along with him but couldn’t tell what they were. I waited about 5 minutes and decided to follow the same path the deer did along a creek. I walked for a few minutes and started hearing deer blowing and thought well I didn’t wait long enough. Then two spikes ran right at me with a big 170”+ shooter chasing them. They ran right in front of me like at 10 yards. It was awesome
              That's awesome!

Just let us know where you were so we can verify the said 170" you're talking about!

Comment

I saw a real nice buck with a doe at the intersection of Locust Rd and Scott Hill Rd at about 2:00pm today. Watched em for about 5 minutes and he wouldnt let her out of his sight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck guys !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! I'm in for some monster LDPs

Comment

Super excited for you guys! I really enjoy following along each year and hope to join the hunt one day.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                        I know most people find a spot or two to put a stand or a pop up, but I think you may be on to something. Stalking just might be a good strategy for the H.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                          Spent the day wandering around the units. Found a lot of rub and one that was the biggest I have ever seen. It was fresh. I know where I'll be hunting.
                          Good luck Zack!!!! Hope you get a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by blide View Post
                            I know most people find a spot or two to put a stand or a pop up, but I think you may be on to something. Stalking just might be a good strategy for the H.
                            I bet for some people it would be. Ive walked Hagerman a bunch between several years of deer/hog hunts and time scouting. it’s the first time I’ve seen a real big shooter like that. I got closer than usual to several deer yesterday morning, i think the cold and wind helped alot

Comment

Originally posted by blide View Post
                              be sure not to forget your pull behind blue igloo cooler...

Comment

All set, getting ready for an all weekender.

Comment

Working...
                                X