Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Hagerman C segment hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tef View Post
    I mentioned this before, but I'm still skeptical about using a pop up blind. I don't know that I have a choice since Im still recovering from a broken foot. Concerned about climbing, standing, and not being able to stretch or move my foot around. It gets stiff if I don't move it around throughout the day. The walk in alone will cause it to swell and be irritated but I'm willing to endure whatever I have to. Just don't want to slip or fall out of a stand. Was planning on just making a brush blind, but with chances of rain and the need to move about some has me leaning towards a pop up. I've hunted enough to know its best to give them time to get used to it. But, hoping if I go that route, that first encounter may not spook them.

I wouldn’t worry one bit about hunting from a ground blind. I know a guy that killed a deer from a lawn chair once.

And I don’t mind helping you get set up or whatever. Don’t be afraid to ask. Just let me know.

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
      I mentioned this before, but I'm still skeptical about using a pop up blind. I don't know that I have a choice since Im still recovering from a broken foot. Concerned about climbing, standing, and not being able to stretch or move my foot around. It gets stiff if I don't move it around throughout the day. The walk in alone will cause it to swell and be irritated but I'm willing to endure whatever I have to. Just don't want to slip or fall out of a stand. Was planning on just making a brush blind, but with chances of rain and the need to move about some has me leaning towards a pop up. I've hunted enough to know its best to give them time to get used to it. But, hoping if I go that route, that first encounter may not spook them.
      PM me if you want help setting up, I’m local and don’t mind helping one bit. If you’re gonna use a pop up, two men can brush it in twice as good in half the time

Comment

Man I appreciate both you guys. Very nice gesture. Luckily my son will be there to help. I was just going to suffer through it if the pop up was going to hurt my chances a lot. I know its not the best sceneraio but if it'll work it would should help me. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo View Post
          I wouldn’t worry one bit about hunting from a ground blind. I know a guy that killed a deer from a lawn chair once.

And I don’t mind helping you get set up or whatever. Don’t be afraid to ask. Just let me know.

Going on an adventure!

I started carrying my little tripod stool on my backpack specifically because that dude killed one from a lawn chair!!!!!! [emoji16]

That’s what I sat in to get so close to that gnarly buck I let walk in my
          Video.

Comment

Inspecting my gear for the big H

I’ve used this stand at H several times and love it.

Comment

Good day scouting. Saw 5 deer, 3 were bucks with 1 being a potential shooter. Lots of tracks on several trails, a few rubs. Unfortunately a ton of pig sign! Its going to be haul but if I can make it in there it may be good.

Comment

Sunrises at the H never disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                  Sunrises at the H never disappoint
                  No Sir, never disappointing. In addition to following your hunt, RGB has a TYHP hunt scheduled mid-January that a few of us will assist with, both a setup weekend and the hunt weekend.

Comment

Anything but this wind next weekend!!

Comment

Stepped right on this sucker!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MLB 14 View Post
                        Anything but this wind next weekend!!

X2

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post

Stepped right on this sucker!!!
                          U r definitely in the wrong spot Tim!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            I started carrying my little tripod stool on my backpack specifically because that dude killed one from a lawn chair!!!!!! [emoji16]

That’s what I sat in to get so close to that gnarly buck I let walk in my
                            Video.

shot mine off blue ice chest.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post

I think Marty found your spot

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                                bwahahaha!

Comment

Working...