X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    Heck yea! That would be awesome.. maybe show me the ropes.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pm me your # and I'll give you a call Wednesday.

Comment

Heard about that place today.. never been.

I highly suggest you try it. I don’t know how it looks on the surf side portion but the Galveston side is pretty. Green clear water, tons of mullet. I fished today and landed 7 blacktip and spinner sharks, including a 40” spinner that almost took all the 17lb mono off my curado. I was using a 1oz egg weight above a 24” single strand wire leader with a 5/0 circle hook.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        I highly suggest you try it. I don’t know how it looks on the surf side portion but the Galveston side is pretty. Green clear water, tons of mullet. I fished today and landed 7 blacktip and spinner sharks, including a 40” spinner that almost took all the 17lb mono off my curado. I was using a 1oz egg weight above a 24” single strand wire leader with a 5/0 circle hook.

I wouldn't go to SLP alone if you have never been....

Comment

Heard about that place today.. never been.

Be careful fishing the pass. People die every year right there. It can get get deep quick with strong currents. Go with someone else or wear a vest or something.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            I wouldn't go to SLP alone if you have never been....

I should clarify that I was not in the actual pass. I was about 1/2 mike away from it, where the No Wading signs begin.

Comment

Tossed some corks last evening and nada.. tide was moving like crazy. Overslept this morning and shouldn’t have.. limits all around me on trout.. will absolutely not oversleep in the morning. Tossed the cork around last night, nada. Gonna run and grab some live mullet in just a sec and rig up for shark and throw the cork around just a little bit this evening.. spent most of the day with the wife so no fishing today... so far.. lol

Comment

Tossed some corks last evening and nada.. tide was moving like crazy. Overslept this morning and shouldn’t have.. limits all around me on trout.. will absolutely not oversleep in the morning. Tossed the cork around last night, nada. Gonna run and grab some live mullet in just a sec and rig up for shark and throw the cork around just a little bit this evening.. spent most of the day with the wife so no fishing today... so far.. lol

Pm me your number and I'll drop you a pin where we have been catching the sharks

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I'll be down there after work tomorrow, around 4. See if we can't put some trout on the stringer.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I'll be down there after work tomorrow, around 4. See if we can't put some trout on the stringer.

Whereabouts you gonna be exactly? Here in front of the beach house?? You get my pm?

Comment

Galveston Surf Fishing Help

Got on a few trout this morning finally! Got out a little late and couldn’t fish for long, but was able to stringer 4 keepers. Lost 2 really nice ones and 2 little black tips.. was using trout rigs with mono line and they bit through. Was able to see them both before they broke off.. pretty friggin neat morning tho!

Comment

Glad you finally ran into a few!

Comment

“Oversleep” is subjective.. lol.. I was up at 545, bait shop by 610, on water by 630

Comment

Headed down there this weekend, forecast doesn’t look good but a chance it could clear up by Sunday.. Anyone been that direction lately?

Comment

I'll be down there 15th-19th. I think we're staying at one of the Pointe West condos. I'll be fly fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X