2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good.

If the forecast stays the same, I'm planning on hitting it pretty hard early next week. Lows in the mid to low 50s with a N/NE wind. I'll be cutting it close as far as the wind goes though. A NW wind would blow my scent directly towards my shooting area. Based on where most of the deer come from, a N/NE wind "should" let the deer get into my shooting area just before they get into my scent zone. That's the theory anyways. I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Comment

Had this buck show up tonight with his nose up the does tail. Colorado County. Neighbor reported seeing a buck chase a doe this morning.

Comment

He looks surprised ��

Comment

We had a young buck with his nose down behind a doe on the camera this past week. It’s about to start.

Comment

The rut at my old place near Bellville was super early. Mid October wasn't unusual at all for the first go-round, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly to see bucks chasing or starting to have interest in Colorado County right now.

Comment

The start of 1st does go into heat now in this area listed

Comment

I hadn't planned on hunting our place in north east Washington county this year, but got a glimpse of a sure enough stud for the area opening week of dove season. I ran back up there last Tuesday and threw together a brush blind and built a quick feeder pen for a cheapo last minute spot.
                Ive got a window to hunt Friday morning in between work and pee wee football games and am torn between hunting my lease in Frelsburg or farm there in Wash. county. Would be going in blind at the farm other than that one buck sighting the beginning of September.
                Decisions, decisions

Comment

Been chasing for about a week here at the power plant.

Comment

Originally posted by NSpannTX View Post
                    Been chasing for about a week here at the power plant.
                    That’s crazy. I’m less than 15 miles from the lake and haven’t seen any signs of rut yet. Gotta be close!!!!

Comment

Another 1.5-2 inches of rain yesterday. We sure are wet and green in Cistern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CisternHunter View Post
                        Another 1.5-2 inches of rain yesterday. We sure are wet and green in Cistern

We got 1.5” yesterday and needed it. We were getting crispy over near Burton. Watched storm after storm skirt around us for the last month.

Comment

We get 2.5” out here in New Ulm. Got it quick too. The pond caught some much needed runoff.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                            We got 1.5” yesterday and needed it. We were getting crispy over near Burton. Watched storm after storm skirt around us for the last month.

What part of Burton? I’m over by rocky creek

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                              We get 2.5” out here in New Ulm. Got it quick too. The pond caught some much needed runoff.

Crazy. Aubrey got 4.5 in cat spring, you got 2.5 in new ulm, BL got 1.5 in Burton, and we got 5/8 by the lake

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                                What part of Burton? I’m over by rocky creek

South of town

Comment

Working...
                                X