No announcement yet.

2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a heck of a deer. I wish I had a deer showing up period. I cut my feeder off the other day due to corn just piling up and not a single deer on cam in a weeks time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Thats a heck of a deer. I wish I had a deer showing up period. I cut my feeder off the other day due to corn just piling up and not a single deer on cam in a weeks time.

That could be a problem. Do you normally have deer on camera?

Comment

When’s ol boy gonna plant your place?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          That could be a problem. Do you normally have deer on camera?

Every other day at a minimum but usually both feedings every day we’ll have some. They quit showing up regularly like two months ago and quit all together recently. I dont know if its too much foreage elsewhere or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
            When’s ol boy gonna plant your place?

He did it like October 15 last year. Not sure yet when hes planting this year. I got my plots picked out though and he knows where I want them.

Comment

Headed up this evening to check cameras and top off the feeder...hopefully a few of the bucks I passed up last year have shown themselves. I'm really hoping to get my wife her first buck this year

Comment

Every other day at a minimum but usually both feedings every day we’ll have some. They quit showing up regularly like two months ago and quit all together recently. I dont know if its too much foreage elsewhere or what.

Thats unusual for them to just disappear.
                Any new neighbors that might be feeding or shooting them?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  Thats unusual for them to just disappear.

Any new neighbors that might be feeding or shooting them?

There is a new neighbor but I havent noticed a feeder there. Unless its in the woods. We’re only on 20 acres so we never held the deer. But they atleast came through all the time. My honest opinion is the cows screwed em up. Theyve been under that feeder way more this year than last year. Im contemplating moving the feeder and fencing it off even though thats the last thing I want to do.

Comment

Our bucks are back again almost every evening after being gone for almost a month. Even got a new young 8 showing up. I’ll upload some pics later. Dumped 2.5 inches out. Pond is still low. I think I need to by a pond rake to combat the algae.

Anybody have a pear tree on their place that has little yellow-brown pears about the size of a fifty cent piece? I’ll take a picture of it next time I am out.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                      Our bucks are back again almost every evening after being gone for almost a month. Even got a new young 8 showing up. I’ll upload some pics later. Dumped 2.5 inches out. Pond is still low. I think I need to by a pond rake to combat the algae.

Anybody have a pear tree on their place that has little yellow-brown pears about the size of a fifty cent piece? I’ll take a picture of it next time I am out.

Persimmon?

Comment

No, it’s a pear of some sort.

Comment

Y’all think that smaller buck is blind in one eye? In every pic that eye is dark while everyone else eyeshine.

I just think this pose looks cool.

Comment

I'd definitely say the deer in the second picture is mature.

Have you been feeding any protein or just corn?

Comment

just corn

Comment

Boom. I hope you get him. I'd like to see some up close pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X