Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
    some cold people in here
    Amen! I've hunted all my life and it's almost to the point where shooting a deer makes me want to cry.

No way I could shoot my dog. Pay the money and do it right.

Comment

You local Animal control will donit for you or if you come to dfw I will do it while your there amd can be with your pet while it's done no charge

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        I just feel like she deserves more, but it has crossed my mind

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Sorry to hear about your pup, but This is what I do. Hard as it is I’m just not going to pay someone for that. An old timer once told me a man should be able to shoot his own dog. For some reason that saying stuck with me my whole life. Luckily I’ve only had to put one down, the others passed peacefully.

Comment

200.00 is what I paid for Tex, my Catahoula, sure miss that dog.

Comment

I'm absolutely dreading just driving my dog to the vet and walking him in. Not sure I can even do it.

Comment

Sorry to hear this bud

Comment

Last time it was an all of the sudden thing. No time to shop
                Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Hate it that you are having to put a family pet down. As far as the charges, did you ask the last time how much the procedure would be?? Have you looked around-researched how much others charge for the service?? Hate to sound like an arse but sometimes the shock of a high price tag is our own fault for not asking...

Comment

As several have mentioned, it does depend some on what you also want done with the body afterwards (disposed or cremated). I know there was a flat out crook at West Villa Maria Vet Clinic that wanted $300+ for a euthanasia on a lab I had at the time.

Comment

price shouldn't matter.

your buddy never complained, always loved you, protected you, always happy to see you...you can't get this from a human.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      Yea I've done it myself and won't ever do that again.

Where? Doctor Wilfert in Edna? He charged me $50 bucks on my old Golden.

It wasn’t Aaron . He is a good vet . Use my mother in laws vet in Victoria. Lone star vet . Think it was so much because it was a Sunday call out . The price includes some kind of plaque with the paw prints and cremation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        I appreciate the kind gesture. I can afford it, just dont want to get screwed on the deal. I felt like I was taken advantage of last time and that didn't set well with me.

I really feel bad for anyone who has to put pets down, I have one lab with one leg in the grave and another that is not too far behind, the day will come and it will be a sad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          Not real sure what to say here. I've had to put a few great dogs down, and both were done by a vet properly. I really guess I don't get the whole " I love my dog so much that I'll blast him in the head with a gun" mentality. Absolutely no way for a dog to go. My wife is a vet, and IMO she does it right. Animal is first knocked out to sleep peacefully, and then the euthanasia drug is administered. One, the owner has some time with the dog sleeping peacefully, and two, when the euthanasia drug is administered, there is no kind of violent behavior, they just go peacefully. Last thing I would ever want to be the last memory is of my dog with a bloody mess coming out of its head with a bulging eyeball.
                          What I have done and was probably over charged at the time. But it was Peaceful and I know there was no suffering.

Comment

I have put three down in the last 1.5 years. 75,75 and 45. Cost 119 to cremate my old lab. The others I dug a whole. Don’t shoot your dog. It is worth the money to have the vet give a shot. When I put my lab down I was a mess . My wife drove us and had to do all the paper filling out.

Comment

Working...
                            X