No announcement yet.

Best Ranch Shirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been wearing the magellan fishing shirts here lately long sleeve and really liking them. Not sure on durability yet but they sure beat wearing just a plain cotton tshirt by a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old harbor

Old harbor outfitters has some very durable long sleeves
      Very cool to wear , Duluth trading has some really good stuff also,
      I really like Magellan because they have lots of pockets
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        This. I also keep a cooler with ice/water and a couple caps full of ammonia in it. Take my shirt off and drench it in this marvelous stuff every hour or so and put back on and keep rolling. I rarely wear short sleeves in the sun anymore.
        Man, I forgot about the special water/ice stuff... We used to get that small bottle of "Spirits of Ammonia" from the drugstore and put it in one of those 1/2 size igloo water coolers with ice/water. Then we'd take those Terry cloth hand towels and put several in the water bath and just leave em there. When you're good and hot, take one of those towels out, let it drain a bit, then hang it over your head/neck and around your mid-section (covering your kidney area) and you could feel yourself cool down several degrees almost like a wave rushing over you!

I'm gonna stop by the drug store and bet me a bottle or 2 for this heat we got goin' on now!

Comment

Wrangler cowboy cut chambray

Comment

Curious what the ammonia does when mixed with ice water

Comment

I'm curious about the ammonia too.
              Also, I have several polyester fishing shirts that stay in the closet mostly. To me it's like wearing a trash bag if there's any humidity or no breeze. I've gone back to cotton fishing shirts. The cotton wicks and keeps me cooler.

Comment

When I was an ironworker and was in the sun for as long as it shone, everyday, I wore a long-sleeve denim shirt, untucked.
                I also tend to wear them when I'm doing ranch work just to keep scratches and whatnot off my arms.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Man, I forgot about the special water/ice stuff... We used to get that small bottle of "Spirits of Ammonia" from the drugstore and put it in one of those 1/2 size igloo water coolers with ice/water. Then we'd take those Terry cloth hand towels and put several in the water bath and just leave em there. When you're good and hot, take one of those towels out, let it drain a bit, then hang it over your head/neck and around your mid-section (covering your kidney area) and you could feel yourself cool down several degrees almost like a wave rushing over you!

I'm gonna stop by the drug store and bet me a bottle or 2 for this heat we got goin' on now!
                  Yessir! Man, I can't find the bottle at drug stores anymore. Amazon has it and love the stuff. I have all the kids on my son's 7 on 7 team addicted as well. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    Curious what the ammonia does when mixed with ice water
                    Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                    I'm curious about the ammonia too.
                    Also, I have several polyester fishing shirts that stay in the closet mostly. To me it's like wearing a trash bag if there's any humidity or no breeze. I've gone back to cotton fishing shirts. The cotton wicks and keeps me cooler.
                    Spirits of Ammonia (not actual ammonia) serves sort of as a cooling agent for your body when you douse yourself with a wet towel and even inhale the vapors to reduce body temperature. Yes, ice water does that, but more of a shock treatment. Adding the SoA gives a longer lasting cooling effect and a nice aroma.
                    Don't know if straight up ammonia added to ice water would do the same thing or not. Would seem the smell may be a bit strong... SoA does not have a strong ammonia smell...
                    I learned it when I played college ball. We always had a couple igloo water coolers full on the sidelines at practices and games until the weather cooled off...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Spirits of Ammonia (not actual ammonia) serves sort of as a cooling agent for your body when you douse yourself with a wet towel and even inhale the vapors to reduce body temperature. Yes, ice water does that, but more of a shock treatment. Adding the SoA gives a longer lasting cooling effect and a nice aroma.
                      Don't know if straight up ammonia added to ice water would do the same thing or not. Would seem the smell may be a bit strong... SoA does not have a strong ammonia smell...
                      I learned it when I played college ball. We always had a couple igloo water coolers full on the sidelines at practices and games until the weather cooled off...
                      Yup. My dad played in Austin and they had a diminutive Cherokee trainer :-) who believed in salt tablets, ammonia and "walking off" injuries. He was right about the ammonia. Haaaa. Stuff is great!

Comment

I wear the same style of fishing shirt that I fish in when I'm working at my place.

T-shirts are too hot compared to a good vented fishing shirt that keeps you cool.

Also I fish in long sleeves so I work my property in long sleeves as well.

Comment

Cotton under shirt
                          Cotton long sleeve
                          Buff around neck
                          Baseball cap with shades.

Comment

Another vote for Columbia. Long sleeved, Omni-Shade

Comment

Magellan long sleeve and fishing cap with ear flaps or cowboy hat. 70 sunscreen on face already had some cancer burnt off and don't want that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                                Wrangler cowboy cut chambray
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X